Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been running Hoosiers on our car last 3 years, Thinking about changing to Goodyears for next year. 15x15x33 tire size.
Question is has anyone seen a benifit in ET or 60ft increases with the change.
This is a 7.80 car with 1.15 60ft. average times, best of 1.126
The Hoosiers seem to hook pretty well, but all you see in pro stock is Goodyears?
Thanks

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,432 Posts
We have been running Hoosiers on our car last 3 years, Thinking about changing to Goodyears for next year. 15x15x33 tire size.
Question is has anyone seen a benifit in ET or 60ft increases with the change.
This is a 7.80 car with 1.15 60ft. average times, best of 1.126
The Hoosiers seem to hook pretty well, but all you see in pro stock is Goodyears?
Thanks
I dont know but I would think Pro Stock well all the big 3 classes have to run Good Years per NHRA rules. It keeps the class specific and even as possible.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Let me give you a hint:

Goodyear is the only company willing to assume the liability of building Nitro Fuel driven tires.
Without those two classes NHRA has NO SHOW.

Do you think NHRA would have anything to lose if Goodyear said "We have no interest in building these tires in the future"?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hoosier dominates about everything with a converter and high hp except 10.5. M/T tried to jump into the promod/alcohol tire game with a new design and I think Goodyear got another exclusive NHRA deal hooked up to shut it down. A lot of BS politics but try to find a PX car with anything but Hoosiers.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
IT Seems the new market will be the 275 tire. I still have my M/T's that work great . but hoosiers are a great tire as well....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts