Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only ran 325/50/15 MT on my car since I built it. I am either going to a hoosier 275's or to slicks. I most likely will only be index racing this year where the tire doesnt matter. I have had no problem with DR's so is there any advantage to running slicks, will they last any longer? This is for the camaro in my sig.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
radials will 9 out of 10 times be faster, youll waste less motion since the radial wont wrap up like a soft carcass slick.

If the track is consistant with good traction, Id go with the radial. If the track tends to be good and shitty run the slick, it will be more forgiving.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Hoosier sells "Radial slicks" with two differant compounds to choose from. They are also lighter in weight than the treaded radial you run now. 30x10.5 or 30x9 widths to choose from. They measure out around 29.3 to 29.5 "

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Hoosier sells "Radial slicks" with two differant compounds to choose from. They are also lighter in weight than the treaded radial you run now. 30x10.5 or 30x9 widths to choose from. They measure out around 29.3 to 29.5 "
Will that tire fit without any additional clearancing? I ask because typically the 30" DR's (315's) wont. The Hoosier 275/60/15 DR is a badass tire but they only have a 1 month 1/2 life. I'm pretty sure that they evaporate over time even if the car stays in the garage.:p

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts