Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our cars couldn't be more different but I'll throw my opinion in. I have a 2006 GTO street car that I race on radials (Small Radials) and have done quite well. I've had my car 8 years and it's always been on a drag radial. We are close on et, my best is 11.86 @ 114 mph with a 1.57 sixty foot. 3600 converter and 3.90 gears . Car weighs 3900+ with me and full tank. My front shocks I run full loose , my rear shocks are QA1 single adjustable i run on 8 clicks. I run a Mickey street R drag radial. Drive it on the street with 35 psi and race it with 26 psi. Finished #8 in points at my home track to years ago. This past year I ran my Chevelle in Pro class points . Hurt the trans in the Chevelle and jumped in the GTO to fill in so not to miss any points races. After the trans issue a fuel issue happened. So the GTO had to fill in for 3 points races. With my street car on drag radials , driven on the street I found myself #2 in points by the time the Chevelle was back in action. Finished the season #2 in points just one round out of 1st place ( last points race rained out so we will never know) If not for my slow drag radial street car keeping me in the hunt it would have been a bust points season.

·
OG Member since 9/7/06
16,841 Posts
I agree with Finn, get a set of ET Street R's and go have fun.
My 70 Chevelle went 1.29 60' on a set of worn out gen1 radials with junk Koni street shocks.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I did the drive to the track and raced on the nittos back when car was in the 12.2x's . Currently I do tow the car as I have a trailer which is partially why i don't mind but its just extra work. I drive the car quiet a bit in the warm months and usually have it out a few times in the winter as long as the roads are dry.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Copper, you should be fine with M/T Street R’s. They really stick even with so-so track prep.
As said before be careful and check your tires thoroughly when you get to the track if you do a lot of street driving. I’ve never had a problem.

What wheel are you using? You don’t have to stick with the 275’s...you’re not racing a class. Why not go as wide as you can? I can fit 325’s under my ‘70.
32lbs on the street, 20lbs at the track. Best 60 1.492

21 - 26 of 26 Posts