Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Front shocks are to loose and your bump steer is way off or the guy driving is not holding the steering wheel straight the car moved ecause the front tires where not straight

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
how much preload in the ARB?

·
Maderator
16,247 Posts
I would have to agree it looked like it was driven to the right... A lot of times a gbody that is lowered very much will have a pretty bad bump steer problem if not addressed. It's hard to diagnose weather or not it actually has a traction issue when it's 4 ft out of the groove. Fix that issue first and then let us know.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
you can see the drivers front wheel turn to the left soon as it picked the tires up... set down and wobble like GM's do.. then turn to the left again while it was already going to the right. unless im watching a different video.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was blaming my driving but I never had an issue until I put my new motor in. Then this year I added QA1 rear coilovers and TRZ DA lowers versus the SSM bars I had. I have not set the preload on the ARB because it was leaving straight before the motor changes.

·
Maderator
16,247 Posts
I would def. go up on the air pressure a little bit at a time, that is pretty low for a "heavy" car on a small tire. It may have a tendency to wrap up the tire with the pressure that low.

·
DEEZ NUTZ
1,423 Posts
You might want to check to make sure that your control arms are set equal and the rear is tracking square..what is your pinion angle set to?
Did you do a dry hop after your burn out?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you ever SCALED the car? It needs to be done either with the driver in the seat or sand bags that weigh the same. THAT is where you start & get the car equal side to side first. The car HAS to be balanced before you can start tuning so you aren't GUESSING what you are doing.
Ray.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I am no pro, but put a piece of tape on the middle of the steering wheel and try that.

The car goes up and come down and when you catch it it upsets the suspension from going up and down and makes it go side to side.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
The car ain't out of the groove. Move the intersect on your suspension back. Tighten up the front shocks. Rear coil springs look to be to light, what are they? The car spins throw low gear after the hit. It also has bump steer problems but will be much better if you work on the rear.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I would have to agree it looked like it was driven to the right... A lot of times a gbody that is lowered very much will have a pretty bad bump steer problem if not addressed. It's hard to diagnose weather or not it actually has a traction issue when it's 4 ft out of the groove. Fix that issue first and then let us know.
Don't know whether you're right or not but it is hard to forcast the weather.:)

·
DEEZ NUTZ
1,423 Posts
If you watch the launch on slow motion you can see The car hooked and pulled the wheels off the ground on the initial hit then unloaded.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I was blaming my driving but I never had an issue until I put my new motor in. Then this year I added QA1 rear coilovers and TRZ DA lowers versus the SSM bars I had. I have not set the preload on the ARB because it was leaving straight before the motor changes.
Making more power now? If so maybe more preload would fix.
If its going left adjust the preload-see what she does

1 - 20 of 39 Posts