Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooker Super Competition Headers 2287HKR for 2nd gen Camaro/Firebird. Who all here has them or has used them in the past? Wanting to know how well they fit and what spark plug boots you used and how you routed the plug wires. Thanks.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,925 Posts
Not trying to hijack here, but I have a set of stainless steel headers for your car, 2nd Gen F-Body with BBC a buddy gave me to sell for him. He did crunch tube in an area by the frame because they had the wrong motor mounts and didn't realize. I think it is a straight section so would be easy to fix but doubt it would affect power much. Anyway, other than that these look perfect and that tube can be replaced by a competent fabricator.
As for your question, I don't know, all my junk are 3rd Gen F-Bodies.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Are those the 1 7/8 or 1 3/4? I've ran a couple sets of the 1 7/8 over the last 28 years both fit good. Drivers side collector pointed down enough I had to angle my collector extension up to keep from dragging backing off the trailer. Second set had to hammer the driver floor a little because it was high. Over compensated? These were smallblock headers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those the 1 7/8 or 1 3/4? I've ran a couple sets of the 1 7/8 over the last 28 years both fit good. Drivers side collector pointed down enough I had to angle my collector extension up to keep from dragging backing off the trailer. Second set had to hammer the driver floor a little because it was high. Over compensated? These were smallblock headers.
Sorry. I should have noted it in the title. They are 2 1/8" BBC

·
Registered
127 Posts
StevieD, I have the 2287's on my 1974 Camaro. They are beat to fit in my application. I have solid motor mounts and raised exhaust port Pro Topline cylinder heads.

·
Registered
16,298 Posts
My old 67 Pontiac Acadian Canso Sport Deluxe. 468 BBC and a liberty 833 hemi crash box. Chassis was based off of a 78 camaro front clip with narrowed custom control arms. Ran those same 2 1/8 super comps without issue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
StevieD, I use MSD super conductor wires with the 135* boots. I believe the raised exhaust ports and motor mount height can cause fitment issues in some cases.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,925 Posts
StevieD, I use MSD super conductor wires with the 135* boots. I believe the raised exhaust ports and motor mount height can cause fitment issues in some cases. View attachment 104959
My friend had that issue with the raised exhaust ports. And for those running the multi-angle boots, be careful with them. I would only use purpose-made 135* boots. Those multi-angle boots are known to break the conductor inside when you bend them from straight to 135*, went through this with several people using MSD wires, we make our own now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts