Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any info about how many runs you can get out of the Hooiser drag radials? I have a new set of 325x50's ready to put on. I may sell them if I can't get that many runs out of them.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
go light on the burnouts.....im at 17 passes and the "lines" on them are almost gone! THey have worked as well as MT on my car so far...we will see just how long they last, hopefully another 15-20 passes, they do have check holes in them and the lines do seem very shallow to start, they do have a softer sidewall then the MT, but im running a lot more air in them than i did in my MT, im running 21 lbs in the Hoosiers, vs 16 for the MT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think colo's still running his same set that he started with
Colo sold his after 22 runs. The tires will be going on a 10.0 index car.

nstr8 you run 21lbs in them? I was running 14.5 in my Mickey's.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
when the "lines" are gone watch for slices/splits in the tire. Have seen multiple sets with this problem. almost looks like you took a razor blade to them!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
not many on big hp cars

·
Registered
362 Posts
We get 18 pass's

We get 18 on our car that goes 4.80's and low 1.20's 60' so far i like them better than the Mickeys i only got 14 out of the Mickeys. They do like air more than Mickeys.

·
Vendor
6,472 Posts
I talked to the Hoosier rep at the NHRA Toyo Nats last weekend about them and he said that guys were saying 10 passes when they first came out and now most guys are saying 15 passes. I am guessing these are the guys at the top of the class, but I don't think most are far from that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don't get it,you guys are using radial slicks to bracket race!? and the reason is.......??
Most index classes in our area require you to run a DOT tire.
Anyone else got any data on the Hooisers?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any one else running the Hooiser drag radials?

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
I only get about 5-6 passes before I seen the 60ft fall

1 - 15 of 15 Posts