Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows where to get the plexiglass hood scoops and has anyone ever gone from a Saleen wing(fox vert or notch back) to a deck lid race wing and got a real world difference (et or mph what was the diff.) My car is capable of 140+ mph 1/4 mile trap. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
252 Posts
had mine done at category 5 and dan newman makes them too. i took mine off but it looked good just didnt trust all the grass sand dirt flying in the carb.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I talked to my crew chief a while back regarding a rear wing. His comment that the wing will not provide an advantage until you are at a trap speed of 150 mph+. I was trapping at 133 mph +/- so I did not put one on the car.
A RaceCraft wing is going on this year. We are moving to DR/X275 with a new combination.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The saleen wing will lose you some et and mph. Years ago I had one on my hot street car and would go 9.30s @ 145. Took it off and in back to back testing within an hour each time it would go a 10th and almost 2 mph faster without it. Car was stable without a wing so never put it back on until it went faster and put a skinny kid wing on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts