Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here experimented with leaving the foam cover in the hood scoop while running a nitrous engine?

Has anyone here picked up Et doing this>?

Just wondering

Tom

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
On a sealed scoop very rich,very slow.

Unsealed with plug in .200 drop off in ET.

If your pick up ET doing this: remove plug and add more fuel :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tom McDunnah said:
Has anyone here experimented with leaving the foam cover in the hood scoop while running a nitrous engine?

Has anyone here picked up Et doing this>?

Just wondering

Tom
I dont know about ET,but I've seen that to crack paint on hood from sucking it down :lol: :shock:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Just a comment on the other side, when I added a forward facing scoop (sealed off) on top of my cowl hood, the car picked up approx. 1 tenth and 2mph @140.Worth the work. Also would recommend anyone with cowl hood to tape small strips of ribbon 3-4" long hanging over the cowl scoop opening and watch which way the strips go. If the strips point into the scoop=good, over the windshield=bad. Most people will be surprised what they find. I know the cowl thing wasn't the question, but hope it helps someone. Also a multple time track champ and division winner bracket guy I know runs with the plug in (scoop not sealed off) says his car is more consistant without air that may be a diff. temp or windier than last run blowing into eng. Makes sence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts