Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reflecting back on the Shakedown. I haven't ran in a top sportsman race in 15 years. I missed the first round Friday am due to work. Went thru the same as everone else did as far as dealing with the weather. So we finally get our chance at the track a 5pm and when I turn on my fuel pump I have a leak in main fuel sump line. The guy in the head of staging starts a two minute count down on me, are you serious? I am the last car in lane 3 so I am not holding anyone up behind me and they still have two full lanes beside me. Just wondering is this normal in a qualifying ? I can see this in eliminations, not in qualifying. My son got the leak fixed and I got rushed to the starting line, no proper burnout ect. totally blew the run . Myself and my son was livid, so tell me.....its this the way things are run every where or was it a head of staging judgement call?

·
Registered
679 Posts
that's the kind of thing that happens at these free-for-all poser type events. Officials with poor judgement, lack of knowledge, different agenda.
The heads up stuff is great but, most of the participants outside of the real promod guys are clueless as far as actually racing. Lots of people with no experience or skill, but plenty of money. Same thing that is killing all forms of racing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in the other lane i didn't know whats going on, I would've waited as long as you needed.
That's good sportsmanship sir. Thank you ! I am a pretty calm person for the most part. Wasn't sure if I should have started this post but I wanted to know if I was treated like that because it was a rule or what.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think in Qualifying they should allow you to get out of line and as long as your ready after the last car in the class you should be good. We all spend too much money to get there and should be given time needed.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm pretty sure the official followed Norwalk's rule, which I believe is pretty similar to NHRA and IHRA rules. if you are attempting a run in a qualified field, you have to take your pass when your time comes in line. if you are having problems like you were, Norwalk puts you on a 2 or 3 minute count to get it fixed or you lose your pass. I've seen the same thing happen at any IHRA and NHRA events, and it has happened to me in the past. I'm pretty confident it had nothing to do with being a poser event or a clueless official....Norwalks staff is damn good and gets it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
that's the kind of thing that happens at these free-for-all poser type events. Officials with poor judgement, lack of knowledge, different agenda.
The heads up stuff is great but, most of the participants outside of the real promod guys are clueless as far as actually racing. Lots of people with no experience or skill, but plenty of money. Same thing that is killing all forms of racing.
WOW!!! You are clueless. LMFAO

·
Registered
559 Posts
Being put on a 2 min timer during qualifying for a one off event like this is total BS if you ask me. Pretty much everywhere you go as long as you don't take the tree you can get a second shot at the end of the round.

·
Registered
679 Posts
rattman- I bet you thought Pro Import was awesome too.
Don't worry, everyone knows about Norwalk regulars- kinda like a house bowling league- a few hitters that know whats up and a whole lot of fillers that never been to another track.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMMY CHRISTIAN

Sammy, I assume you do not know Kurt Johnson & his crew from Norwalk/SMP because your statement above is what my clueless remark was about. We ran nothing but national events; NHRA/IHRA for years & I have never met a crew that could hold a match to Kurt & his guys. Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Norwalk. Oh, well, that's your problem.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
rattman- I bet you thought Pro Import was awesome too.
Don't worry, everyone knows about Norwalk regulars- kinda like a house bowling league- a few hitters that know whats up and a whole lot of fillers that never been to another track.

Both of your posts in this thread are retarded. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, and think that maybe you're just pissed off at someone or something at Norwalk. But your posts are definitely stupid.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My post wasn't intended to get people pissed off at each other. I just wanted to know if there is a rule . I do thank you all for your opinions . Norwalk is a first class raceway.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My post wasn't intended to get people pissed off at each other. I just wanted to know if there is a rule . I do thank you all for your opinions . Norwalk is a first class raceway.

Yes, I know. But Sammy thinks that you, me and everyone else that was there this weekend are, "posers"? Because we don't race in Pro Mod we're a bunch of wanna be's. FUCK HIM. He's a douche

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey, fmfire627, didn't mean to muck up your thread. You have a legitimate question. In the old days, if we had a problem, they would pull us over & if we could get it fixed in time they would let us run at the end of the line. But at national events, they had a 2 or 3 minute rule.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts