Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Pilot. Had new tires installed a few weeks ago with no issues. Yesterday the TPMS warning lights camme on. Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Read somewhere that the sensors needed reset. Let all the air out of the tires and fiiled to 20lbs, then to 36lbs. Tires are perfect pressure wise. Anybody ever had issues with the TPMS system ? Thanks. BD.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
whoever changed the tires might have broken one of the sensors while mounting the tires. does the dash say TPMS or just the low air pressure light? i work for a honda dealership

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
whoever changed the tires might have broken one of the sensors while mounting the tires. does the dash say TPMS or just the low air pressure light? i work for a honda dealership
If someone would have broken a sensor, the light would have been on immediately and not taken a couple weeks. I say they got filled up right on the edge of the sensors limit and it lost just enough one night when it cooled down to turn it on. You should be fine now that you reset them.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the tires were changed, I could click on the dash and it showed all 4 tires at 36lbs. Was good for a few weeks. Now it just has the warning lights and when I try to see the tire pressure on the dash, it just says system malfunction.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Might be a slow bead leak. With TPMS sensors the guy should of schlucked the rim with sealer before mounting them.

If he broke one of the sensors it would of came on right away. If the pressure is set at 36 for it to trigger we always go a lil higher than that. Like 38 39 to make sure it dont do that with temp fluctations.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not showing "low pressure" It's showing a malfunction. I'm certain the pressure is correct in the tires. However, I didn't look at the spare. Will do that now.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
A code needs to be retrieved, like a check engine light. Once the code is known, the problem can be diagnosed.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts