Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of those RedCat Chinese knockoffs,,it will only stay running with the choke almost closed and spraying with starting fluid.

It seems to have enough fuel flow to the cut-off valve. I removed the gas cap made no difference.

It has always started on the first kick,,I let it sit for a couple of weeks and now this.

Ideas ??

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The main jet is clogged, it's a typical problem since the orifice is the size of a pin hole.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
pull the carb off and clean it, pilot jet prolly pluged, pull the pilot and main and use a torch tip cleaner or a fine piece of wire and clean them out. or by a new carb for 20 off ebay.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
pull the carb off and clean it, pilot jet prolly pluged, pull the pilot and main and use a torch tip cleaner or a fine piece of wire and clean them out. or by a new carb for 20 off ebay.

This but don't use wire to clean the jets unless you are trying to resize them up a few steps.
Those cheap ultrasonic cleaners sold at harbor freight are just made for shit like this.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
If it's an easily removable jet I always just soak them in a little jar of carb cleaner or any good solvent really. After 10 mins in he jar I will blast it with compressed air then toss in a pot of boiling water for 5 mins or so. Remove and blast with air once more and install. Have to do this more than I'd like with small engines but always seems to work

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input.
I'll try to clean it this weekend if I have time.

This thing has a 90cc engine and is a blast to ride.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have had some success by removing the air cleaner and get it running and hold your hand over the intake of the carb, it will make the carb draw harder though the jet and hopefully clear the jet of any minor clogs.
Get some rpm's in it and do it.
It will want to die out remove your hand before it does, continue the sets until it clears. If not you already have a head start on pulling the carb.

·
23,498 Posts
The main jet is clogged, it's a typical problem since the orifice is the size of a pin hole.
The ones I've had to clean have been the mixing tube or bleeds right above the main jet we clogged.

Number 3

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,174 Posts
Hey Rick, once ya get it runnin good use some VP-110 in it, it'll smell great and wont have to worry about the shitty ethanol...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts