Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
having fun
31,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah that was quick....its all downhill from here folks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110112/wr_nm/us_homeless_voice

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A homeless man who became a [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]YouTube sensation[/COLOR][/COLOR] for his "golden voice" will check into rehab for treatment of alcohol and drug dependency, representatives for the "Dr Phil" show said on Wednesday.
[COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Ted Williams[/COLOR][/COLOR], 53, made the decision to enter a private rehabilitation facility after a discussion with Dr Phil McGraw about a physical altercation with one of his daughters, the show said in a statement.
Williams and his family discussed that incident during a taping of "Dr. Phil" scheduled for broadcast on Thursday, the show said, and family members revealed Williams has been drinking daily.
"If Ted is ever going to get better, he's got to be honest with himself and admit he's addicted to drugs and alcohol," Dr. [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Phil McGraw[/COLOR][/COLOR], the show's host, said in the statement.
"I've told him it's not going to be easy and it's going to take a lot of hard work. It might be a long journey for him, but this is a step in the right direction," [COLOR=#366388 !important]McGraw[/COLOR] said.
Los Angeles police have said two people were taken to Hollywood station on Monday night following a disturbance at Williams' hotel, although they have declined to identify them.
Local media and celebrity web sites reported Williams and his daughter were questioned after getting into a loud argument.
Williams, a former radio announcer who became homeless after battling drugs and alcohol, attracted millions of YouTube hits after The Columbus Dispatch newspaper posted a video of him panhandling using radio emcee imitations.
He has since appeared on [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]morning news programs[/COLOR][/COLOR] including "The Today Show" to talk about new voice-over job offers with the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team and foodmaker Kraft and his stunning instant rise from begging on the streets.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i was told they knew that from the get go

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
If he truly has an obsessive compulsive personality and is truly a drug addict then rehab is only a band aid on a life long problem, he needs a 12 step program and a daily regimen of some type.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Or maybe a new reality show......hell they give them to just about any idea out there.....

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts

Hey Mom I'm going to celebrity REHAB !!
is it me, or does anybody here think he bares a resemblence to obama!?!?!?,who knows maybe obama will end up like him!

·
Registered
28,923 Posts
Well I hoped it was an "American story" But I guess not. Get the lotto ticket and tear it in half. Some people have no desire to change.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
he's gifted but by the sounds of it also an asshole

how in the fuck do you not see your own mother for 30 years

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
he needs to be in rehab to keep all the crabs away while he works and trys to get better then maybe he can help his family

·
Registered
999 Posts
I feel sorry for him,having all that press and media thrown on him while battling a problem. Gotta be tough. Hopefully rehab will get him straight.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts