Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's done it? What programs did you use? Did your kids have success with it? When they went on to high school or college were they able too with out problems or being behind?

My kids are 11 and 13 and are involved in church and martial arts
so at this age I'm not necessarily worried about the social side of home schooling that can happen when its started early on. Any
insight would be greatly appriceated. I would rather not get into the reasons as there are many some personal and some that have to do with the school system that we dont agree with.

Thank's in advance Jason

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
lol

I'm probably not as well rounded or level headed as the girl in the vid but I homeschooled through the North Dakota School of independent study. I didn't start until the 9th grade and spent a bunch of time playing the usual sports up to that point. It didn't really slow down any social life but put my education on a different level than it would have been. My mom was a teacher for 14 years at the high school I left if that tells you anything.

Since then I completed an auto tech program with straight A's and currently working through an engineering degree. My suggestions are to push math and sciences as hard as you can. With those people can pick up anything else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the social thing we have some friends that there kids have been home schooled since day1 and the arent very outgoing and very shy that is what I m ment justed wanted to clarify.

·
Registered
328 Posts
my daughter has been home schooled since she was 8. she will be 15 in march. she is very out going and very well mannered. she gets very good grades as well. i was worried about the social aspect of it, but she isnt shy at all. has a lot of activities she is involved in through her church. she does have friends outside of church too. doesn't seem to effect her in a negative way at all.

we will see how the high school years go, she says she doesnt want to go to a public school.

i know i does cost quite a bit more to home school with the books and dvds.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
doing it now(wife is),, use parts of 3 different programs,, mainly becca,,, couldn't be happier with the outcome,, My 2 oldest went through the public school system,, had to fight the counselors to get them in the upper level classes(strait A students) because of the state testing they have to take yearly,, but once they were in the upper level classes they went on to the International Baccurlette programs and did very well(both graduated with 4.8 and 4.9 on a 5.0 scale), both in college now and said if it wasn't for the IB program college would have been much harder,,(pharmacist and nurse) my youngest is very well outgoing,,a 9 yr old socialite....LOL
watching her swimming with total strangers(kids)and have a blast,,, at the motel we are at for her dance competition in INDY.. my 2cents

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
school was fun as hell for me... would hate to have my kid miss out on it. sports, cars, parties, bitches. was the shit.
LoL.... Unless you are in shit town, with chit schools... your kids loose out i think...depends where you live and what you have for sure, my wife is special ed teacher for Junior high, O' the stories :-Yap

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Doing it here too, son is 6, daughter is 3, youngest is 8 months. Working out well so far. Social stuff he does well. He reads up to 3rd grade level books, math is about 2nd grade. So far so good. Most 6 yr olds cant read as well as he can. Time will tell.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
I wus home skooled and evrthing terned owt jest fyne fer me. I got a gud job werkin at the Walmart now tellin peeple welcum to walmart. Won day I hope to moov out of my mommas trayler and get me my own place so my yungins downt hafe to sleep in thu sayme room as me. Home skoolin wus so good to me that I dun got merried an already beganned a famly of my own. My wife wus home skooled also eccept it wus by my ant an we plan to continew thu tradishun with our yungins. We hav 3 yungins so far, wanne get 3 more bfor we get 25 yers oild. Gud luke wit yer home skoolin.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<P>
I wus home skooled and evrthing terned owt jest fyne fer me. I got a gud job werkin at the Walmart now tellin peeple welcum to walmart. Won day I hope to moov out of my mommas trayler and get me my own place so my yungins downt hafe to sleep in thu sayme room as me. Home skoolin wus so good to me that I dun got merried an already beganned a famly of my own. My wife wus home skooled also eccept it wus by my ant an we plan to continew thu tradishun with our yungins. We hav 3 yungins so far, wanne get 3 more bfor we get 25 yers oild. Gud luke wit yer home skoolin.

THATS SOME FUNNY PHUCKING SHEEE-IT!!!

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Wont go so far as to say it cant work, because it has but you'll have a 'pampered pooch' when done.

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
Wont go so far as to say it cant work, because it has but you'll have a 'pampered pooch' when done.
agreed. i knew a couple guys who were home schooled. one until highschool, he was shocked by the social aspects and had a hard time adjusting. the other all the way through, he was a giant pussy.

school is discipline as well as fun in many ways.
gets kids familiar with authority other than the parents.
as well the social aspects are important. how to stick up for yourself, etc.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
lol

I'm probably not as well rounded or level headed as the girl in the vid but I homeschooled through the North Dakota School of independent study. I didn't start until the 9th grade and spent a bunch of time playing the usual sports up to that point. It didn't really slow down any social life but put my education on a different level than it would have been. My mom was a teacher for 14 years at the high school I left if that tells you anything.

Since then I completed an auto tech program with straight A's and currently working through an engineering degree. My suggestions are to push math and sciences as hard as you can. With those people can pick up anything else.
Agree on the math and science.They cover everything!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Math is still my weakest subj...which is terrible for an engineering program. I always test int he highest for reading comp ect. it has nothing do with home school though. Thats just what I wished I had done looking back.

Now looking forward...I doubt I would homeschool if I ever loose my mind and had kids. lol May not be a public school either though.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts