Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTH I have never heard of this about a German shepard.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Classified as security
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
314 Posts
I always had an issue because of my pitbulls, and always heard the same about rotty's, but never german shepards. That sucks, you should have said it was a mutt that you found on the side of the street.

·
Registered
207 Posts
your premium dropped or they dropped you?

·
Registered
6,624 Posts

it could be worse ....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Insurance Company Prohibited Dog List
Most insurance companies will not insure certain aggressive breeds of dogs that have a history of biting people. Ordinarily, if you own one of these breeds, you would be covered in your homeowners insurance policy for any dog bite claim. However, if the company conducts an inspection or you apply for a homeowners policy with a new company, the company may decline to offer you coverage.
Since the dogs can cause terrible injuries or even deaths, you should avoid purchasing the breeds listed below to avoid emotionally upsetting claims and the potential for a serious lawsuit filed against you by the injured party:

- Akita - Giant Schnauzer
- Alaskan Malamute - Great Dane
- American Stafforshire Terrier - Husky
- Bullmastiff - Pit Bull
- Chow - Presa Canario
- Dalmation - Rottweiler
- Doberman Pinscher - Saint Bernard
- Eskimo Spitz - Wolf Hybrid
- German Shepherd - Any mixed breed dog
including one of the above

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
or ....

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Same thing happened to a co-worker with his dog.

The dog saved his daughter's life when it was younger ( pulled her from a stream).

Years later it bit an intruder, causing a lawsuit, and the insurance co. threatened to cancel him.

While the co-worker was fighting this with said insurance co., the dog upped and died.

That dog was a true hero...right too the end,,,TLW

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Insurance Company Prohibited Dog List
Most insurance companies will not insure certain aggressive breeds of dogs that have a history of biting people. Ordinarily, if you own one of these breeds, you would be covered in your homeowners insurance policy for any dog bite claim. However, if the company conducts an inspection or you apply for a homeowners policy with a new company, the company may decline to offer you coverage.
Since the dogs can cause terrible injuries or even deaths, you should avoid purchasing the breeds listed below to avoid emotionally upsetting claims and the potential for a serious lawsuit filed against you by the injured party:

- Akita - Giant Schnauzer
- Alaskan Malamute - Great Dane
- American Stafforshire Terrier - Husky
- Bullmastiff - Pit Bull
- Chow - Presa Canario
- Dalmation - Rottweiler
- Doberman Pinscher - Saint Bernard
- Eskimo Spitz - Wolf Hybrid
- German Shepherd - Any mixed breed dog
including one of the above

true my insurance company has requested, in the past, to meet my pit bull ....he passed the test and they didnt even pull his tail

·
Registered
762 Posts
Same thing happened to a co-worker with his dog.

The dog saved his daughter's life when it was younger ( pulled her from a stream).

Years later it bit an intruder, causing a lawsuit, and the insurance co. threatened to cancel him.

While the co-worker was fighting this with said insurance co., the dog upped and died.

That dog was a true hero...right too the end,,,TLW
Should have just shot the intruding bastard! A dead man can't tell his side of the story.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Fucking insurance co. will find a way to screw you for more money one way or the other. Bet they would insure you if you added the coverage $$ cause that's what mine did. I have a dobermen, they will make it so you have to pay more no matter what dog you have just wait and see.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
^^ I would like to know as well!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Insurance companies are scum. We are moving and bought another house. When I called our current insurance, they asked about the dogs. We have a 14 year old Rott that is the best dog in the world... well that was it, they said no to coverage (yet they cover us now). Found another company that would cover and paid them... "thought" everything was taken care of.

Got a letter in the mail, they cancelled the policy (of course after they took my money). Said the house was not owner occupied (were not actually moving until March)

... and don't even get me started on the other forms of insurance (health and auto). They want the perfect world and do not want to do their job of insuring the general population if you have one thing thats out of the norm. Why could they not just put in a rider or something with even a little extra up charge for certain breeds of dogs? I have never once filed a claim and they have collected 10's of thousands through the years of my premiums I have paid. Idiots!

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
WTH I have never heard of this about a German shepard.
my insurance also wanted to meet my english bull terrier to, when she was alive she was a brindle version of this

·
Registered
6,624 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Insurance companies are scum. We are moving and bought another house. When I called our current insurance, they asked about the dogs. We have a 14 year old Rott that is the best dog in the world... well that was it, they said no to coverage (yet they cover us now). Found another company that would cover and paid them... "thought" everything was taken care of.

Got a letter in the mail, they cancelled the policy (of course after they took my money). Said the house was not owner occupied (were not actually moving until March)

... and don't even get me started on the other forms of insurance (health and auto). They want the perfect world and do not want to do their job of insuring the general population if you have one thing thats out of the norm. Why could they not just put in a rider or something with even a little extra up charge for certain breeds of dogs? I have never once filed a claim and they have collected 10's of thousands through the years of my premiums I have paid. Idiots!
My wife has been in the insurance business for 16+ years........ I see the other side of it and the dollar number paid out on dog bites......... I pay out $1200 a year for insurance on my house if it burns down......... blows up ...... I've seen more dog bite claims in high five low six figures then all the flood/fire/blown up all added together ........ It isn't somebody like yourself that loves your dog(s) ...... its the asswipes that leave their dog in the back yard to bark all night and hop over the fence and chase a kid down the street <<<<<< you know the type of people I'm talking about ..... THEY RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
My wife has been in the insurance business for 16+ years........ I see the other side of it and the dollar number paid out on dog bites......... I pay out $1200 a year for insurance on my house if it burns down......... blows up ...... I've seen more dog bite claims in high five low six figures then all the flood/fire/blown up all added together ........ It isn't somebody like yourself that loves your dog(s) ...... its the asswipes that leave their dog in the back yard to bark all night and hop over the fence and chase a kid down the street <<<<<< you know the type of people I'm talking about ..... THEY RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US
yes but if this is true .....then if you own a gun you should have to pay higher insurance rates ....look i dont like guns and dont own one ....i love dogs and a pit can be one very effective deterrent..... nobody comes in uninvited ..... they should be paying me for protecting their investment ..........:smt076

1 - 20 of 50 Posts