Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what year these statistics represent but it's staggering to see the data.

According to a United States Department of Justice report:
  • 38 percent of assaults and 60 percent of rapes occur during home invasions
  • One in five homes undergoes a home invasion or break-in
  • There are more than 8,000 home invasions every day in North America
  • 50 percent of home invasions involve the use of a weapon; the most common weapons used are knives or other cutting instruments
  • In 48 percent of home invasions, victims sustain physical injuries
  • Victims age 60 or older make up 17 percent of home invasion victims
  • In 68 percent of home invasions, victims and the accused are strangers; in 11 percent of these cases, victims and the accused are friends, business associates, or family

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm not sure what year these statistics represent but it's staggering to see the data.

According to a United States Department of Justice report:
  • 38 percent of assaults and 60 percent of rapes occur during home invasions
  • One in five homes undergoes a home invasion or break-in
  • There are more than 8,000 home invasions every day in North America
  • 50 percent of home invasions involve the use of a weapon; the most common weapons used are knives or other cutting instruments
  • In 48 percent of home invasions, victims sustain physical injuries
  • Victims age 60 or older make up 17 percent of home invasion victims
  • In 68 percent of home invasions, victims and the accused are strangers; in 11 percent of these cases, victims and the accused are friends, business associates, or family
I don't trust statistics but after seeing this I'll probably sleep like shit tonight anyways. Luck favors the prepared.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the info on a home security site so I don't trust them 100 percent. I have looked at the FBI data but they don't single out home invasions in their public information.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Hmm. What I have found, is that there are no stats kept on home invasions per se . And that most sites showing "stats", are advertising their security products. Gee, I wonder why that is?:)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to believe in these days when people can find my house number and income on the web that the FBI doesn't know (Or want us to know) the stats on home invasion.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
It's hard to believe in these days when people can find my house number and income on the web that the FBI doesn't know (Or want us to know) the stats on home invasion.
Home invasion is not the crime they are charged with. It's robbery, rape, assault, etc. So the stats for "home invasion" don't get kept separately. That's according to what I found while searching.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Home invasion, burgulary, and crimes of people stealing will continue to rise, as long as the economy sucks, and the judicial system gives slaps on the hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts