Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you think has the better products? Cleaner aisles? Better customer service? Just overall opinions on Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards.

I ask because I am sitting here writing a paper on "brand perceptions."

Thanks!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Home Depot is my preference. We're fortunate though as both are located within five minutes of the house which is super convenient when working on projects.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Home Depot!

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,402 Posts
Lowes is the nicest, Home depot is the cheapest and i've never been in a menards because they do not have them near me.

For raw materials I go to HD, for fixtures or most things you actually see once installed I go to Lowes. Lowes also has a much nicer assortment of harware (nuts, bolts, etc), HD has a better arrangement of tools.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't notice alot of difference in the stores. The biggest difference is how many walmart rejects they haveworking that day or if you can find anybody knowledgeable.

·
Administrator
136,690 Posts
Menards in my opinion is hands down the better of the 3. Their in stock items are more than double of Lowes and HD combined.

Home Depot is number 2 as they have a pretty knowledgeable staff usually.... but the stores are a little more messy than Menards and Lowes.

Lowes sucks!! Been having an issue with them for the past 9 months. Their customer service is the worse of the 3!!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Menards in my opinion is hands down the better of the 3. Their in stock items are more than double of Lowes and HD combined.

Home Depot is number 2 as they have a pretty knowledgeable staff usually.... but the stores are a little more messy than Menards and Lowes.

Lowes sucks!! Been having an issue with them for the past 9 months. Their customer service is the worse of the 3!!
Do they have a complete line of CACTUS plants???:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
No Menards around here.... It's about a toss up between HD and Lowes.. Lowes here, wins for customer service.... HD has the biggest selection of "Shove it up your ASS", Cacti....:cool:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Lowes is cleaner, Home Depot is cheaper but less organized... we dont have Menards around here but i did live in Chicagoland for a stint, and use to go to one there, they by far have better selection of stuff..

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
No Menards around here.... It's about a toss up between HD and Lowes.. Lowes here, wins for customer service.... HD has the biggest selection of "Shove it up your ASS", Cacti....:cool:
Rebman! :smt082:smt082

·
Administrator
136,690 Posts
BTW Menards prides itself on USA made products.. But that doesn't seem to matter to consumers...

The closet Menards to me is 35 miles away.. Went their yesterday to pick up baseboards, shoe molding, flush mount lighting, saw horses and a few other things for the house. Everything in stock..

2 different HD's are within 7 miles from the house

Lowes is 10 miles away..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts