Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'd love to have him build a house for me, you know that bitch would never fall down !!!!

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
and the way he builds shit it`d only cost 2000$ a sq ft
[email protected] only costs a little more to do it right.

It costs a fortune to do it twice. The difference is craftsman are not in it just for the money...and the customers understand why you invest in quality.

People have forgot this...and that is what is killing the U.S.A

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I agree with Rkfdspeed.When we give a costumer a price for a remodel job,they dont understand whats involved to do it the right way.Thats why we take the time to go through the whole process of whats going to take place.We make sure they understand why we do the things we do.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
His regular show that was on earlier today, he explained how $300.00 more in wood cost and $30.00 in screws and the job would have been indestructable.

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
I agree with Rkfdspeed.When we give a costumer a price for a remodel job,they dont understand whats involved to do it the right way.Thats why we take the time to go through the whole process of whats going to take place.We make sure they understand why we do the things we do.
^You can always tell a craftsman ..by the way they treat their customers. :smt023

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Growing up in and owning my own construction company, I take the show for what it is, entertainment. If he REALLY wanted to help veiwers of the show, he'd do a tell all about the customer he's saving, and I'd bet more often than not, the people got bids to have the work done, did'nt like the high price that guys like us who do it right charge, and instead went with a lowballer, somebody's brother, etc.....

In over 2 decades of building/remodeling, I can honestly say I can count on 2 hands the number of clients that understood REAL value and understood quality costs more, here's the funny part...they have all been in their 50's-low 70's yrs old. Everybody else wants the job done for free with all the bells and whistles of a high end job.

So, just wish he'd tell the back story of how the customer REALLY got into that predicerment. I'm sure some really did get screwed, but % wise, I'd place my bet on tight ass homies with no concept of what quality really is and costs, that used the lowballer bid.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yes, it's a great show but most people don't realize how much it costs to "do it right". Those finished renovations he does are sponsored by the companies that advertise on the show. People think they can get a $50K + kitchen reno done for $10K.

·
Registered
237 Posts
[email protected] only costs a little more to do it right.

It costs a fortune to do it twice. The difference is craftsman are not in it just for the money...and the customers understand why you invest in quality.

People have forgot this...and that is what is killing the U.S.A
I agree with this 100%. When I built my recording studio I hired a carpenter with a reputation for quality work. We had done a lot of acoustic modeling on computer and for the rooms to work acoustically the finished rooms had to be within 1/2" of the drawings. He accomplished this and in some cases bettered it in all the critical rooms in a 3000 sq.' facility. He wasn't tons more expensive than other quotes but did take longer. It was worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts