Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,398 Posts
A little late to the party on Holley's part, but still good.

USB/CAN Communications/Dongle
This software supports the use of a “CAN to USB Dongle” instead of using the USB connection
on the ECU. Notes on this:
 Requires use of Holley PN 558-443 (This module works with Sniper EFI as well as this
new version of Holley EFI software and HP and Dominator ECU’s)
 The CAN Bus type must be set to “Holley Standard” (not “Racepak”)
 This method can be used to update ECU firmware. In the event the first update does not
occur properly, cycle battery and ignition power and repeat.
 This method can be used on an ECU if the USB connector is damaged
 The software will automatically detect this module as long as the USB cable is not
connected (which has first connection priority)
USB Communications
Updates have been made to the USB Communications to greatly increase their speed. This will
make the following much quicker:
 Data Monitor and gauge screen update rate
 PC data logging
 Strip chart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
updated today to this.

changed to my ignition to
Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (msd)

new update fixed my usb connection issue.
used to have issue when going offline it wouldnt give option to go back to online mode had to reopen the software and reconnect to get back to online.

my 3.5" dash didnt loose my custom settings:cool:

idle seemed to improve. even had to close my idle screw and reset tps to get iac moving.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Ya it just sucks they won't let you use the 5.7 screen with the v5 update. Kick in the dick
I would contact them and see if they will let you trade the 5.7 and some cash for a 7". Be insistent that you need both a display and v5. Be very insistent.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,249 Posts
So up to 300 samples per second now? Is the download time better? I typically do 100 samples per second with a 60 second time limit. That takes a little bit to download, I am still using V4, but if I could do 300 per and not increase the download time 3x what it is now, I would be interested in trying it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
So up to 300 samples per second now? Is the download time better? I typically do 100 samples per second with a 60 second time limit. That takes a little bit to download, I am still using V4, but if I could do 300 per and not increase the download time 3x what it is now, I would be interested in trying it.

All USB functions are supposed to be improved.

·
Registered
16,398 Posts
Does anyone actually have a link to the soft wear download? I've gone on the site, and it doesn't provide me a way to upload the soft wear into my laptop.......unless I'm blind, or an idiot, or both.

·
Registered
16,398 Posts
Danny Cabbrel is saying there is a new version coming out shortly, and the 1st build 100 version isn't available.

·
Registered
16,398 Posts
This wasn't available when I posted Tuesday. My concern is that my tuner had the original 100 software update, and he upgraded my ecu to that version, and we redid the street tune in the car using his laptop. When I went to download the software for my laptop, it wasn't available, and Danny Cabrel said there was a new update due shortly. That must be what the 110 is. Now can I run the 110, and have no issues with the tunes in my ecu, that were created with 100?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
There were a few issues with build 100 is why they pulled it down.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
updated today to this.

changed to my ignition to
Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (msd)
This fixed an issue on a new install I did with v32 and a dual sync distributor.

v100 fixed it and now I need v110... fml

v100 couldn't read v32 system logs, can v110 read v100 system logs? v32 logs?

A lot of the support for Holley comes from private parties so if one guy has not updated, the rest can't read his data to help out.

updates should be scheduled for once a year, like every other competent software company.

Aside from that, the Dominator upgrade from a 10 year old efi system performs significantly better and has a ton more capability...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
A lot of the support for Holley comes from private parties so if one guy has not updated, the rest can't read his data to help out.
I have V3 to V5 installed on my computer so I can match it up if I have someone brings in an older system that hasn't been updated I can connect without having to update their ECU.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have V3 to V5 installed on my computer so I can match it up if I have someone brings in an older system that hasn't been updated I can connect without having to update their ECU.
I still have cars on V2. It does everything they need so it's left alone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts