Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project that I intend to take to a e85 turbo build.

Right now it's just a stock explorer 5.0 swap, but the next engine will be a 408w. 4r70w trans.

Stinger performance sells a megasquirt pnp box with a trans controller built in to the same unit, for around $1400, intended to reuse the stock harnesses. So sequential efi, all the benefits of a megasquirt, a good amount of i/o. Or I'd have to do a normal mega + a micro for the trans. Still pricey.

But now the terminator x came out, and they want $1300 for a similar product, but WITH all new harnesses. That seems like too good a deal to pass up!

What's the catch? I like the essentially open source nature of the megasquirt but after new harnesses price adds up fast. I (I don't have any existing harness, was going to go blow through but changed my mind.. Didn't keep them)

I'm slightly worried about the closed nature of the holley system. I hate it when things go obsolete and there's no good path forward other than start over.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I wouldnt worry in the slightest with the terminator system being obsolete. Both are great systems and the owner of stinger is top notch.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
the termx is limited to 4 inputs and 4 outputs, and those inputs and outputs are a bit limited (no high outputs for example).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts