Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61 Ford F100 with a Crown Vic front suspension swap and the 4.6L mod-motor from a 2000 Crown vic. I built the truck about 5 years ago a drove a little over 40,000 miles with no real issues. The truck ran good except for a fast idle issue. I pulled the motor and trans out last year to fix a rear main seal and some other oil leaks and ever since then there have been some electrical gremlins creeping up. At the time I used the stock Crown vic wiring harness. I see Holley has released a new stand alone unit a was wondering if anyone else has used the Terminator X on a Mod-Motor yet? Does it plug into all the factory connections? Does it still use the mass air sensor?
I tried calling Holley's tech line earlier and there was over an hour wait.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a 61 Ford F100 with a Crown Vic front suspension swap and the 4.6L mod-motor from a 2000 Crown vic. I built the truck about 5 years ago a drove a little over 40,000 miles with no real issues. The truck ran good except for a fast idle issue. I pulled the motor and trans out last year to fix a rear main seal and some other oil leaks and ever since then there have been some electrical gremlins creeping up. At the time I used the stock Crown vic wiring harness. I see Holley has released a new stand alone unit a was wondering if anyone else has used the Terminator X on a Mod-Motor yet? Does it plug into all the factory connections? Does it still use the mass air sensor?
I tried calling Holley's tech line earlier and there was over an hour wait.
I can't answer the connections questions, but all Holley systems are speed density, so no MAF.

Andrew

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up purchasing the Terminator X. I haven't got the truck running again since I'm completely rewiring the truck but have the kit mostly installed. Some first impressions are that it is a well made, quality kit. Most everything is well labled and the ECU is compact and easy to mount. Some of the the bad things are that the instructions SUCK!!! I purchased a kit for a Ford 2V Mod-motor not a Chevy LS. Holley please purchase a Ford motor and take the time to document the install on a Ford motor. The oil pressure connection doesnt hook up to a stock Ford oil sender so I needed to buy a $135 one from Holley. The knock sensor connection doesn't connect to the stock Ford wire. The water temp sensor wire doesn't connect to the stock water temp sensor that I have. This could just be a case of Ford having different ones but for what they cost maybe send one that will work with the kit. If I want to be able to connect the fuel pressure wire I also need to purchase another $135 sender from Holley. There are two wires that come of the coil harness that aren't labeled and I have no idea what they connect to. There weren't any wires like that from the Crow Vic harness. Holley doesn't make a Terminator X Max for the Mod motor so I needed to purchase another kit for the transmission control, a Ford 4R70W. Not a big deal but I need to tap into the wire harness for the TPS wire. Maybe it would have been better if Holley had already had a wire avalible for that. For $1300 I expected a little more but I think I'll be happy once everything is up and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts