Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put the 4150 super sniper on my sbf and the first couple weeks the thing kicked ass. I went for a joy ride Saturday and when I got back to the garage I noticed the afr was pegged at 35.6 to 1. I quickly took it out of learn mode. I spoke to Holley tech today and they seem to think the sensor failed and there sending another on out. My question is what kills these things. I’m on pump gas it is installed in the collector at about 15 degrees as not to let water run into it. I did use high temp permitted rtv silicone when I put the headers on but it’s been cured for months. Could that have done it?

·
Registered
16,387 Posts
So I put the 4150 super sniper on my sbf and the first couple weeks the thing kicked ass. I went for a joy ride Saturday and when I got back to the garage I noticed the afr was pegged at 35.6 to 1. I quickly took it out of learn mode. I spoke to Holley tech today and they seem to think the sensor failed and there sending another on out. My question is what kills these things. I’m on pump gas it is installed in the collector at about 15 degrees as not to let water run into it. I did use high temp permitted rtv silicone when I put the headers on but it’s been cured for months. Could that have done it?
Yes.........and quickly. Like your situation. The RTV should specify "sensor safe" on the packaging.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I figured it out. My slip on collectors were leaking pretty bad. As I hit it the o2 would read lean add more fuel and more fuel. I took it out welded them into a 1 piece header. Put back in with a new o2 and all is well again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts