Yellow Bullet Forums banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts
I know a few guys that swear it off. It’s impossible to make repeat, slower, more problematic. 🤷🏿‍♂️
then they arent hip to making it work.
I have one guy won the d5 et championship and went to the finals last year.
Another guy that by the 3rd lap on the stop you couldnt tell 3 graphs from each other on the stop, it looked like 1 solid line, and was within less than 10 rpm for the whole 4 seconds it was on the stop, and repeated to less than .005 in 3 runs

that was with a sniper.
I cant vouch for the guys that told you it wouldnt work. The tune must not be very close. I have tuned one on the dyno, and use that as my baseline tune.
I can vouch for several customers who have run it. Hell, my first guy with it has 3 cars and all h ave the sniper 4500 on it now.

A good carb can be made to run extremely well as well. im not slagging carb stuff at all. Im just veryifying my experience with the sniper, and with EFI in general

Discussion starter · #82 ·
Everything is mounted and connected except the power wires. I had to extend the coolant sensor wires. Also, I need to undo a few of the wiring sins in the car and do this correctly so the power wires are just taking a little longer to do right.. Fuel system change-over is complete and at 55psi without the engine running.....

Attachments

then they arent hip to making it work.
I have one guy won the d5 et championship and went to the finals last year.
Another guy that by the 3rd lap on the stop you couldnt tell 3 graphs from each other on the stop, it looked like 1 solid line, and was within less than 10 rpm for the whole 4 seconds it was on the stop, and repeated to less than .005 in 3 runs

that was with a sniper.
I cant vouch for the guys that told you it wouldnt work. The tune must not be very close. I have tuned one on the dyno, and use that as my baseline tune.
I can vouch for several customers who have run it. Hell, my first guy with it has 3 cars and all h ave the sniper 4500 on it now.

A good carb can be made to run extremely well as well. im not slagging carb stuff at all. Im just veryifying my experience with the sniper, and with EFI in general
so as the saying goes, if your carb sucks you just don’t know how to tune it. And if your efi sucks.......the same! Lol. I believe you, just hear lots of bad about Efi in any kind of dial racing

so as the saying goes, if your carb sucks you just don’t know how to tune it. And if your efi sucks.......the same! Lol. I believe you, just hear lots of bad about Efi in any kind of dial racing
i probably do have a bit of an advantage with some of that because my dyno has 8 O2, so carb or efi or leaking hose....lol, i can get the tune as good as i can on the dyno, including part throttle driveability etc. Hell, i normally run throttle stop stuff on the stop on the dyno and try to help that too...

The repeatability of runs looks great from what people are saying. Has anyone experienced performance gains with this system, given the tighter control over the carb?
you cant do individual corner tuning with it like you can stagger jet a carb. What makes the power is the fact there is no skirt or booster or anything in the way, so it flows aire like a 1400, with a 1250 body. But still has good response like a smaller carb.

Bob,
Are you using MSD to control timing still, or are you using Holley’s Hyper Spark and controlling it with the Sniper software? Any advantage to one or the other? Besides having to use Sniper and MSD software with one, and only Sniper with the other?

Discussion starter · #88 ·
Update, it took Summit 7 weeks to get me my new Mezeire water pump, but in the Buffalo heat today and my third time out with the Sniper 4500.... Went 44mile round trip and a stop for fresh fuel.....System works awesome. Car runs great, starts great, idles good, and cruises good...I only stepped on it hard once and its very smooth and doesn't skip a beat.

I have not done any real tuning other than set target AFR's and throttle enrichment.....Engine seems very happy and is not blubbery anywhere.

Discussion starter · #90 ·
Also, I set my cam in the software as Street/strip to see if it could learn it, and its been great. My cam is not mild by any means, but the big cubes make it seem tamer than it is....My last efi system with this cam was really tough to make it idle even with timing control.....With my current setup, I am not even using timing control.....

Been thinking of buying one, any reviews of it yet?
Been thinking of buying one, any reviews of it yet?
I have a 4500 Series Holley Sniper Stealth on my Kaase Boss 572. It was purchased on the engine from Kaase as part of an engine package. I have had nothing but problems with mine.
In talking with the guys at Kaase Racing Engines they sold quite a few of them without having any problems but as of about two years ago (January of 2020) they have had nothing but problems with them. They don't offer it on their engines as an option any more.
Mine will work perfectly for a while, then I can use it the next time and it runs like hell. Sometimes I can just stop and go into a store and come back out and it will run horribly. Other times it won't run well at first start up.
When it is working good I love it but it is damn sure not dependable.

I have a 4500 Series Holley Sniper Stealth on my Kaase Boss 572. It was purchased on the engine from Kaase as part of an engine package. I have had nothing but problems with mine.
In talking with the guys at Kaase Racing Engines they sold quite a few of them without having any problems but as of about two years ago (January of 2020) they have had nothing but problems with them. They don't offer it on their engines as an option any more.
Mine will work perfectly for a while, then I can use it the next time and it runs like hell. Sometimes I can just stop and go into a store and come back out and it will run horribly. Other times it won't run well at first start up.
I have a Quick Fuel QFX-4710 1050 Dominator i'll sell you!! :)

Unless I am nuts I think Steve Morris stopped selling them as well. RFI issues

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER
Still happy with mine. Knock on wood, no issues after 2 years. Took my time wiring and careful placement to avoid EMI, and has been trouble free. Leaving for Ducks race tomorrow with it on.

There are guys out there 'converting' the Sniper ECU to a Dominator. That would be interesting! I know of one guy, but he stopped fairly recently. If anybody knows anybody, let me know!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.