Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking of buying one, any reviews of it yet?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are self learning correct? I put in the target AFR and drive it and it learns the map correct?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ill answer both in one here...

its roughlly 1450 CFM, so it makes more power than my 1250 Dominator, simply by virtue of airflow through a 1300hp motor

the tune and cyl to cyl distribution is petty much on par with any single 4 dominator.

Yes, its self learning. One issue if you put the o2 in a collector is at low speed the exh pulses draw air into the collector, tricking it into thinking its lean when it isnt. I have 8 o2 on my dyno, so i put the holley into say cyl 3 up by the exh port and let it learn low rpm. I also monitor everything with the other o2, so i can correct the fuel table. After you get it tuned at idle and part throttle you can adjust the self lear threshold to a higher rpm so its above the pulling air in point.

Or if you have full exh you can leave it at a lower rpm.

It works incredibly well actually. Its stupid easy to use either their handheld, or i use a laptop and manipulate the tables myself. Ive sold a couple, from race applications to the smaller 4150 on a street car. They are slick.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What happens when you compare it with a carb that flows the same? What happens if any part of it fails at the track? Spare parts from??? What fuel pump does it require?

this is why i specifically bring up airflow. Truth be told, i never ran it a/b with a 1450 sized carb. It flows so much because there is no booster in the way, so it can be done with a smaller bore. I woudl guess they will be pretty much the same power. It requires 60 psi fuel pressure, and a return style fuel system. As for spare parts, i dont really see a need. Maybe a MAP, and/or an O2. Thats pretty minimal.
As has become normal with the carb guys, they get defensive about it. Ive had several actually get pissed at me about even trying it. Really? There is no need. People are interested in EFI. There is room for both carb and efi. Its something different. Will it replace carbs? Highly doubtful. Is it interesting to people who want to dip their foot in the EFI pool? absolutely.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,763 Posts

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,763 Posts
Sweet! That's what that page explains. Any of them will handle it. You just have to set it up with a laptop instead of the handheld device.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Question: I am told I need a "dizzy" to have full timing control, but on my FAST Classic, I just used a locked MSD distributor and had full control.....I guess I am not understanding this part of it....

And if it quits, I drain the fuel tank, swap the spring in the regulator back to 5psi, put my advance distributor back in, and slap the 1250 back on it...and wait for parts.....My experience says these kinds of issues are few and far between though. Had an ECU go bad on my once and had to swap back until it was repaired.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,377 Posts
What happens when you compare it with a carb that flows the same? What happens if any part of it fails at the track? Spare parts from??? What fuel pump does it require?

engine masters did this not long ago..efi kicked its butt till they stuck a 1050 carb on it that was the same cfm as the efi deal..carb then kicked its ass from mid on up if i remember right.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Bob anymore updates to this? Looking at one for a BBc 680 nitrous street car.

You said you had it on a 1300Hp engine. Was it maxed out or more left? When my motor was a 706 it made mid 1300Hp range. Going smaller but Slick Rick is tuning the heads up some more and should make more power then it did before.

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bob anymore updates to this? Looking at one for a BBc 680 nitrous street car.

You said you had it on a 1300Hp engine. Was it maxed out or more left? When my motor was a 706 it made mid 1300Hp range. Going smaller but Slick Rick is tuning the heads up some more and should make more power then it did before.

Thanks John
yes, ive run several now. they really do a good job. The thing is give or take 1450 cfm. im actually pretty happy with them. Only thing i wish it did was give me control over the 4 corners independently for stagger jetting/tuning I have 8 o2 on the dyno so i could correct the corners more, but honestly thats being nitpicky. That was a normal bracket deal btw, not a max effort deal. i just did a 128 profiler headed 632 that was 1325 ish with one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yes, ive run several now. they really do a good job. The thing is give or take 1450 cfm. im actually pretty happy with them. Only thing i wish it did was give me control over the 4 corners independently for stagger jetting/tuning I have 8 o2 on the dyno so i could correct the corners more, but honestly thats being nitpicky. That was a normal bracket deal btw, not a max effort deal. i just did a 128 profiler headed 632 that was 1325 ish with one.
Ever do any throttle stop set ups with the 4500?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
not yet. but i think its going to work fantastic. it may take a little tinkering, but honestly since you can tell it what to do and not have to rely on signal to ppull fuel, i cant imagine it not working better than a carb.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts