Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it will wire up to a Fast XIM? I dont want to have to make up a harness.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much boost has been used on truck coils? I am planning on running 30lbs. If they will take 30lbs whats a good part number.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
AEM and others are just reselling the same coil anyway

For OEM coils many like the D585, but do not dwell these over 4.5ms or they can fire prematurely. It's a very bad design in that respect. But all OEM coils are very powerful anyway. But always buy from reputable sources, as there are lots of Chinese crap out there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One other thing. I'm trying to setup my fast xim. Crank trigger with cam sync. How do I get the fast to have the sbf firing order? Any help ? I'm friggin lost

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone on here has to used this setup . Sbf with crank trigger Fast XFI 2.0 AND XIM with ls coils. Any help would be appreciated. What happens to all the stickies for fast and BS3 etc.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Better for what ?

They're all very good. Some favour the 585's, but they're all very good. And although the Delco should be OEM...I'd still a good set of known genuine GM coils from a GM vehicle, than the Delco's.

Or just go for the IGN1A's everyone is using these days

Cant help regarding FAST or XIM though...maybe it has special requirements as to what coils it can use.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The firing order is setup on the XIM when wiring the coils.
EST. Ignition Outputs Small block ford
A=1
B=5
C=4
D=2
E=6
F=3
G=7
H=8
Now the injector outputs start with #1 cylinder output EST E.
E=1
F=5
G=4
H=2
A=6
B=3
C=7
D=8
The XIM should be able to power any smart,LS coil. The crank and cam signals run to the XIM box and communicate through CAN to the XFI box. The dip switches need to be set accordingly to your application
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/cca-305008.pdf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts