Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question about holley regs. Currently I have two holley blues one running motor and one running nitrous on a front mounted cell. I'm thinking about running a single magnafuel 500 or a aeromotive a2000. I see that most people like the holley regs even with the big pums but how are they being hooked up? Wouldn't the big pumps overpower the small regulators? Are u guys running a return line for relief or are u running a big regulator before the holleys.I have a 15gal fuel cell with a -10 line running to the front of the car deadheaded to the reg. Thanks Joel

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
When we front mount a big pump, we don't use near the pressure used when rear mounted. That being said it's not as tough for the regs to control the pressure...
Here's a log like we commonly use as well..

Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
When we front mount a big pump, we don't use near the pressure used when rear mounted. That being said it's not as tough for the regs to control the pressure...
Here's a log like we commonly use as well..
Thanks, SJ
Is there any return line used in the setup above?

Are you saying that the actual pressures to the carbs and/or kits is less for a front mounted pump?? This would imply that your nitrous tunes would be dependent on pump location??

Or are you taking about step down regulator that the other regulators are dead-headed off of?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I'm thinking about running a single magnafuel 500 or a aeromotive a2000.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe both of these are considered to be carbureted fuel pumps and most likely have an internal regulator. I found that he Magnafuel 500 is factory set to 28psi, not sure about the A2000.

What about the big Weldon pumps (2345 for example) that can be used with either EFI or with carburated systems? In this case a step down regulator with a return line is likely required.

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
Is there any return line used in the setup above?

Are you saying that the actual pressures to the carbs and/or kits is less for a front mounted pump?? This would imply that your nitrous tunes would be dependent on pump location??

Or are you taking about step down regulator that the other regulators are dead-headed off of?

Thanks,
There are no return lines on the log..

Carb and system pressures are the norm, just lower supply pressure to the log..

Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I have run 30 pounds to the log with a rear mount cell, the little Holley's did fine. I also run a Magnafuel 500 pump. I have since toned it down to 27 at the log.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I run a BG400-2 to a BG 4 port reg for my carb. I then run fuel out of the large unregulated port on the BG 4 port regulator to a Holley 12-803 for my nitrous. 8 psi for motor, 6.75 psi for nitrous. I do get some pressure creep as I dont have a bleed on the nitrous regulator.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am having issues with my fuel pressure with a magnafuel 500 rear mounted. I cant get it down to 25 PSI only about 29. Unless my gage is bad at the front of the car. Will a 16 volt setup cause the pressure to be that much greater? Is anyone stepping down the voltage on the pumps with a 16 volt sytem? I am running some high pressure tune ups on my nitrous and I am having to crank the hell out of the reugulators to get where I want to be.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was just wondering if all that line pressure is hard on those holley regulators? The sheet that came with my magnafuel pump said it was factory set at 28 psi @ 12 volts and is adjustable from 25-35 psi. I am running 16 volts and cant get the pressure below about 29 (it had 35 psi when I first turned the pump on) and run out of threads on the pump bypass. I would like about 25 line pressure. I was just curious what other people are running for line pressure on rear mounted setups and if the 16 volt system is causing too much line pressure.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I dead head a Magnafuel regulator and a holley regulator with -10 (Y'd) and have no issues.

Line pressure is 28lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts