Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i set the nos fuel pressure (holley reg) at 61/4 i made a pass and the plugs were very lean i checked the fuel pressure again and it was at 5lbs( flowed with holley 73 jet)

has any body had problems with these ??

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
The first time I used mine I had the same problem. I had checked it a few times in the garage & again once before I ran it. then after the first pass I checked it again & it had lost about .5 Lbs. I set it back to the setpoint & its been there pretty much ever since. maybe .1 or .2 Lb variation, but not more than that. I ran it this weekend after >1 month down time & right back to where it should be.

Bob

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
If the regulator is hard mounted to the motor remove it at once. Regualtors hate vibration. I let mine hang from the fuel lines.. Also are you sure your fuel pump is stable in pressure and voltage?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fuel pump has stable pressure.i am thinking it is the battery...
do the holley regulators go bad??

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Holley regulators can go bad. They are cheap enough to try a new one.. or you can try rebuilding this one but I dont think its worth it..

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I know, I remember from the last time you spanked me about it. LOL. I guess I better get busy on the "new combo", huh?

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts