Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the instructions pertaining to this. And it looks pretty good doing a test run in the shop, but not so much during a run. I'm using co2, dual mac valves, controlling two gates. Dome pressure sensor is "remote" mounted on a 4" long 1/4" DOT tube just to isolate it from the heat and vibration. Should I decrease "P"

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have read the instructions pertaining to this. And it looks pretty good doing a test run in the shop, but not so much during a run. I'm using co2, dual mac valves, controlling two gates. Dome pressure sensor is "remote" mounted on a 4" long 1/4" DOT tube just to isolate it from the heat and vibration. Should I decrease "P" View attachment 58360 View attachment 58361 View attachment 58362
Yes. Drop the P to 10 or even less till the dome becomes more stable. Then if its a little lazy to react bump up the I term.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Mm yes but beyond just the line even

Say gate is closed and all the volume there is in the actual dome....

When the dome is closed say it is 100 units right

Say when the gate is open it is only 50 units

Can see as the gate strokes in normal operation how it makes it very tough to control. The volume is so small it is even sensitive to the actual fill and vent activity.

Now say you add the tank... And your total common dome volume is now 300 closed

And 250 wide open

You can see how this takes the gate stroking greatly out of the situation and the solenoid activity

It stabilizes the system massively

I run a small air tank inside the car... The solenoids feed the
Is tank.... The dome sensor is mounted in this tank..... And a single line comes all the way forward to the gate. That is it

It gives me control to do anything and perfectly. It is so stable I can run the dome control P all the way to 100 in actual operation and it will stay stable

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Here is a typical example of mine to show you what can be possible

Now note that this is in closed loop dome and map.... Aswell

The stability I have in the dome controller is what allows me to use the second controller mint like this

There is zero channel filtering in the dome channel

So note in the top window what you are seeing is actual Target boost and actual boost in the Plenum

In the bottom window what you are seeing is the base dome commanded.....it's coming directly from the base dome table

And the second one is actual dome pressure

The difference between base dome an actual dome is how much the second map controller has pushed the system to achieve target boost

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it works pretty nice. Just seems to me the mac valves would be maxed out trying to fill the tank / gates as needed to follow your target if there was an aggressive ramp to it. It looks like your target increased about 30 psi in 5.5 seconds. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Looks like it works pretty nice. Just seems to me the mac valves would be maxed out trying to fill the tank / gates as needed to follow your target if there was an aggressive ramp to it. It looks like your target increased about 30 psi in 5.5 seconds. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input.
The slow ramp is just by mile per hour and my desired power management on the street.

Response is not an issue

·
Beyond old
3,543 Posts
^^ And, when you open the hood, cover the tank with a towel. Makes them say "WTF, is he hiding?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before I had a Holley. I used a mechanical gauge with a tattletale hand on my exhaust. It was setting in my radiator support with a rag over it. Drove some guys crazy. One had his kid pull the rag off to see what was there, I was in the trailer but seen the hole thing. LMAO

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Before I had a Holley. I used a mechanical gauge with a tattletale hand on my exhaust. It was setting in my radiator support with a rag over it. Drove some guys crazy. One had his kid pull the rag off to see what was there, I was in the trailer but seen the hole thing. LMAO
That’s awesome

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Built an accumulator. Leak / pressure tested to 160psi.

Put a schrader valve on the end so guys would scratch their head. Lol

Also for now I'm ruining my dome pressure sensor same as before. I'm not convened it being on the tank is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts