Yellow Bullet Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

Registered
I have a customer that called me last week about cutting down a SBF High Ram to take a inch or so out of the runners and machine it for different injector angle so the plenum clears the fuel rails, then make new rail mounts. Its a NA, clutch-less Liberty setup with a Cleveland style head. Different platform but same physics.

Registered
Damn Damn Damn.....

All the stuff I've thought about or seen Chris Frank do but no longer offered

馃槩

Your something Turboll

Registered
Its hard to get great pics but the High Ram tops are CNC'd in the throat for the 102mm TB version but you can see the choke and the transition is not nearly as good as it could be. There is plenty of material to do it right, it just wasn't. The new lid has a much better transition with no machining or porting required. The other difference is that the new Low Ram lids are all bolted down from the top with the threads in the base which is opposite of the way the High Ram lid bolts down. The High Ram lid can be modified to fit the Low Ram but unfortunately the Low Ram lid will not work with your existing High Ram lower section. Anyway here's the internal differences.

High Ram 102mm

Low Ram 102mm

Attachments

Registered
What I don't get is why it is near impossible to find a gen 1 high intake with front facing throttle body. Gotta be a market for them I would think.

Registered
What I don't get is why it is near impossible to find a gen 1 high intake with front facing throttle body. Gotta be a market for them I would think.
Holley sells a Cathedral High Ram or Low Ram intake...

Registered

Vs

$150 difference and what I'm getting cause either is intended for Ls7 use as a spacer box.. And I have intentions of cutting the Ls7 High Ram as I wouldn't have it Any other way 馃ぃ馃槀 5.8/5.9 runner Length and place the

(Low ram 馃憠 Box) on the runners or just use the 1 inch ICT spacer and cut the Ls7 runners.

CID intake runners are 5.5 inches

Ls3 Low ram plenum starting point in the box

As-Cast Runner CSA - Tapered, 4.24 in虏 at the entry to 2.73 in虏 at the port flange.

Ls7 high ram.... Must have 馃槈
Runner Length 鈥 6.29鈥, As-Cast Runner Cross-Sectional Area 鈥 Tapered 4.67 in虏 to 2.84 in虏

I don't Want to get Any taller as is and the High ram with the carb top is Ridiculous..To Ducking crazy. Mount Everest Crazy.

Bump and Edit. Going with the Low ram after seeing the LOD x1 Intake 102mm Vs the CID... Thought is Dual 4500's with the Holley Low ram. Share's around the same runner length & Both have Nice Plenum Boxes. 馃憤

Also talked to T&D today about there Rockers 馃憤 need to get the heads measured... I'm hoping Standard Ls7 shaft mount Equipment will work being a Speed Masters Ls7 casting and copy of the factory.

Registered
You will need to take plenum wall angle into account if you use the Low Ram plenum. Looking at LS3 High Ram to LS3 Low Ram the runner entry is basically double between the two. The High Ram plenum wall is ~25掳 and the Low Ram plenum wall is ~50掳. I think it can be done but it will need allowances made to length to transition from one to the other. See pic below on angle required on my LS3 High Ram to match Low Ram plenum wall. Thoughts???
Hand Bumper Musical instrument accessory Nail Thumb

Registered
I need you as my Next Door Neighbor...
Is what I'm thinking...

Reactions: Ls3fox

Registered

Registered
Have you decided what manifold or combination of manifold parts?? Do you know anyone making 4-hole TB's with intergal injectors/rails or a 4-hole injector plate to go under the TB(s) with injectors/rails. I can make the injector plate style pretty easily but I would prefer them as part of the TB package. Just thinking about EFI conversion on the ARCA engine I am going to run in the 95 Cobra. Even considering combination of TB and port injection to get the best of both worlds, charge cooling and per/cyl AFR control. Would like to make 850cshp on pump 93.

ls1 s/s notch on 28s
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
some one does make a 4500 open spacer with injectors but i cant think of who..they made burst plates also..been like 4 yrs since i seen it...if you could run a tunnel ram you could prob use like a roots top side fuel injector setup an stick 2 tb on it or do a teepee hat on top to a single tb.

Registered
Have you decided what manifold or combination of manifold parts?? Do you know anyone making 4-hole TB's with intergal injectors/rails or a 4-hole injector plate to go under the TB(s) with injectors/rails. I can make the injector plate style pretty easily but I would prefer them as part of the TB package. Just thinking about EFI conversion on the ARCA engine I am going to run in the 95 Cobra. Even considering combination of TB and port injection to get the best of both worlds, charge cooling and per/cyl AFR control. Would like to make 850cshp on pump 93.
408 Lq4 @ 12.2 & the Holley LS3 Low ram and Making it fit a Ls7 heads...Dual 4500 Seventy four dollar top.

Cam for now with the Ls3 combination is 260/272 Lift .738 113+5

Ls3 combination has a SV and Accufab 4500.

Registered

Registered
Cool thanks. So on current cam the LSA is also 113掳?? I get the 5掳 advance ground into it. Who's cam and what lobes if you don鈥檛 mind sharing. PM if necessary.

Registered
Comp cam Lobe ... I fucked up and didn't give Martin @ the time the Correct Rocker ratio...

1.8 ratio with Comp cams rockers placed me to high Had it reground from 256/270 113+5 lift was around 778

With 1238x springs.

Registered
When I get Home from this 12hr shift I'll post the cam part Numbers... I forget the Original lobe and reground lobe model name and number.

Registered
I'm banking on the Low ram making Hp like the LOD x1 Intake

But without the Bottle neck 102 and what was seen against the CID 4500 testing

Dual 4500's sounds Like a good idea

Registered

Registered
Font Rectangle Box Label Number

Believe the 1st cam was a .430'ish Lobe @ .256 duration...

I'm gonna Look over some of Mike Jones cams as Well as Billy GodBold's LST Cam line as Low Shock Technology is Based on....
Inverse Radius cam Profiles.
All Mike's cams are IR cams...
I looked and Billy GodBold responded after His vacation...2 bad & I didn't check my email till 2 wks later 馃ぃ

61 - 80 of 81 Posts