Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

Registered
I love you... Not in a Gay way. No ****! 馃槀馃ぃ I'll put the numbers in when I get back.
Automotive tire Flooring Floor Tire Gas

Registered
I put in the Numbers and it gave me the Gary Blair, 1st / 2nd & Third wave 馃寠 Harmonics.
All for the same given combination 馃槶

I'll go with the I asked Darin & Eric recommendation yrs ago length.
8000+ CID
-7800 Holley

Will say, Looking @ Both @ the Shop @ the Same time.
馃槻 Damn that CID looks SEXY!

Registered
get her built
Just Peddling along as NORMAL. I'm still not Working a 9 to 5 and Headed to Denver 4 around 3 wks. Kick it with my Uncle as He's now almost 80yrs old. Do some Work with Unc + Legal Smoke and Beautiful Scenery on the back porch

I kinda Already know What Either Head will do with the Compression..740-760ish
When I get back I'll get a tax paying 9 to 5.
No worries 馃檪 the only thing is just getting the Ls7 package spec's Complete & Purchase $. Cam 鉁. Springs/Crower Rocker arms/ intake Valves. All have been spec'ed. Damn intake now Done.

The blocks ready also the most expensive thing to Complete for the Ls3 setup which is Done. Balance then Assembly.
馃憤

Registered
The Ls7 cam has 2 more Degrees duration @ 262 and around .090 more lift @ .815 before lash. It's a Street cam 馃ぃ to 7800 not 7400 like the Ls3 cam.

馃挱Forgot I had the Ls3 cam Reground so it's around a 7600 peak, it was @ 256 now 260. Too much lift with a 1.8 rocker with the original lobe.

ls1 s/s notch on 28s
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
I put in the Numbers and it gave me the Gary Blair, 1st / 2nd & Third wave 馃寠 Harmonics.
All for the same given combination 馃槶

I'll go with the I asked Darin & Eric recommendation yrs ago length.
8000+ CID
-7800 Holley

Will say, Looking @ Both @ the Shop @ the Same time.
馃槻 Damn that CID looks SEXY!
It gives u multiple areas which are all the different formulas... i Basically look at the avg from it all in a way u could say.,

Registered
I figured as much.

Registered

Finally seen in use.... the BTR Trinity.

Tell me what u think Suicidal?

Registered

Finally seen in use.... the BTR Trinity.

Tell me what u think Suicidal?
the modded ls3 held it's own, much cheaper, easier to tune.

give it the ported heads, similar compression, and a bit bigger cam, and the curves would likely be on top of each other

I like the idea of dual fuel on an lt5 setup with some twin turbos]

those heads seem to be better, and the short block is stronger. at 18k for a crate motor, those prices will come down

they stopped making them, but the used market will pick up. The LT8 block is a strong thumper. That's what I'll get for the base block.

Registered
LT heads aren't Better...Guys Who Want Hp na Will Switch Back to the LS heads. 馃憤

Registered
Old idea Seen Being used...
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part

Registered
Just Noticed that High Ram intake is Cut @ Each runner.....I see Now how they've, being Chris Frank have done this But No longer offer this to the Public.

rkreigh: 馃憤馃槈

here's a Joke I had to Research and ask about Dealing with the LT heads.... Had a thought that Was Shot Down by a Teacher or 3 (Eric,Darin,Scott @ CFE)....As I was on the Idea of Using the Factory LT head with a LS block. Better Valve angle, Splayed valve, Super High Runner Entry.... Eliminate the Direct Injection....Sounds Good in Theory
馃槀馃ぃ
Wet Flow vs Dry flow

I came to this 1 Simple thought after being told from the Big 3....

Name a LT headed Engine making what a LS Does. And they Being the LT has Everything that the Ls does. Shaft mounted rockers, solid roller Cam etc.....
No 900-1000 hp LT* NA with CID heads?
$ad馃槶

It's the Technology not the Heads and it's use vs the Ls3 or Ls...

The Factory LT short Block is Better that's it....

Also if I'm Spending $1600 for a Factory Block Which I Wouldn't do....Add the Extra $1000 and I've got the Tall Deck Dart iron block and Capable of 4.200 bore and factor in a big Stroker Center Counter weight crank...

No reason to Switch unless it's at the cost of LS parts.....

Registered
the new LT heads look really good but don't produce the bang for the buck as the old stuff does

I'm not seeing the flow numbers that the old ls7 and 3 stuff produces which is disappointing

The new ccw crank with the 3.8x stroke looks cool for 800 but it's within spitting distance of a better callies ccw

one folks wreck their trucks I'll be slobbering and feast like a vulture on the carcas

I'd like to stuff the new crank in a 5.3 iron block It would need to be clearanced for the center crank throws, but should work and be a stout and cheaper turbo platform

Registered

Registered
I will add this to the conversation, Holley completely redesigned the plenum volume, runner entries and plenum top for the Low Ram. The top no longer has the pinch in the throat that many felt was a restriction. The plenum is much larger with angled runner entries. I have not run mine yet but I bought a 16 injector version for a turbo 402 6.0L based engine with ported LS9 heads.

Registered
My idea was to get the Low ram then get the high ram and cut the plenum to place the Low ram on the High ram runners ..

The low ram plenum box Looks better with more area.

Registered
12 hr shift with 4 hrs of sleep is Dead, but

Turboll. U are my "N-word"..... I thought I was the only one to notice the difference. They sell a spacer was my thought to make up the Plenum difference vs the Low ram

That last post is What I've been fighting... Having to buy 2 intakes to make 1.

I'm just picky and willing to do what some call Stupidity spending.... I'm cool with that. I want What I want How I want it..

Lol
go spend Your money Stupid...

If I buy the low ram 1st leaves No Choice...as it's a Ls7 head.

Ls3 top end gets No more $ besides the stud Girdle.

Registered
I was very surprised that they actually listened to feedback and re-engineered the plenum top as well. It is definitely larger in the throat where others had found to be a choke point. It should also help the front cylinder distribution by not increasing the velocity thru that area just before the turn down to the runner entries. Of course this won't help your situation if you are using the top entry plenum top. I have also considered the plenum spacer on the High Ram and there may still be some benefit on the right combo using one on the new Low Ram. As long as you stay EFI it is pretty good test. I think it may hurt a carbureted combo due to making signal even weaker. Obviously a lot of variables and I have got away with this in the past and still made big power even against the carb builder's judgement. So much of this stuff looks good/bad on paper and you never really know until you try it. I'll try to take a couple pics of the difference side by side when I'm in the shop today or tomorrow.

Registered
Glasses Vision care Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sunglasses

41 - 60 of 81 Posts