Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello holley EFI experts. I know this will be a easy one for you.

I just got a new lap top because the battery on my old one was dead. I downloaded the EFI software to my new laptop, and sinked it up to the ECU with no problems except for it kept telling me that I needed to update the firmware. I saved my current tune to the laptop, updated the firmware to the ECU, then saved the tune back to the ECU. After the uptate I got a message about the crank sensor value being set to 0.00, and I might need to change it to .35.

I first tried it at .00 no spark. Changed it to .35 no spark. Started fine before the update now I have no spark confirmed by a timing light.

What did I screw up?

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you do a tps auto set? I have only done one update and don't remember what if anything I had to do. I do remember you have to do the tps auto set after though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did recalibrate the TPS. This is the first time I have updated the firmware since last spring, so there may have been multiple updates since my last upgrade. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,910 Posts
The newer software gives a warning about the inductive delay setting, no need to change it from what you had. There is a need to check your timing, and make sure it is correct. I lock it out and rev it to make sure it stays locked, if not, then I adjust the inductive delay.

If you have no spark, and have cycled the ignition, then re-check all the ignition parameters. Do you see cranking rpm?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turning the motor over with the starter I am seeing 200 RPM's on my Holley touch screen.

I got out my old laptop and compared the ignition settings. Everything looks to be the same other than the addition of to new options. First is the "minimum signal voltage" and the default is set to 0.00V. The other is "filtering" and the default on that is 1. Nether if these are listed in the old tune.

Do need to adjust these, or is there something else that I might be missing?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.. Got the car started, but im not sure exactly what was changed.

I hooked up my old laptop to the ECU, and uploaded one of the tunes from the old laptop. On the old laptop the new ignition settings were not showing. After putting the old tune in I cranked the motor, and saw spark on the timing light. Tried to start the motor, and it fired right away.

I then hooked up the new laptop. When I tried to sinc the ECU with the tune that had been pulled from the ECU durning the firmware update the sinc confirmed a difference under the "system" catagory. I pulled the tune out of the ECU and copied it to the new laptop. Sinced them again, and everything was the same.

Atempted to start the car, and if fired up.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts