Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been building my car and was going to shoot for ultra street and I have a holley hi-ram intake manifold. I had a custom plenum made for it. Now the rules state hi-ram is allowed and it never said anything about modifications to it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
whats wrong with the std hi ram top?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way I looked at it is a sheet metal elbow is allowed on Victor jr. Rules just state holley hi ram allowed with no inclination towards the top. The lower cast is all intact.

As far as what's wrong with the std top, we'll I wanted something a little different and it would not have looked that good with what it would take to fit it going into the fire wall

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
the elbow simply turns the air 90*, your top affects airflow distribution throughout the whole manifold. i run a hi-ram myself but would venture to say ours would be a no go

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If the elbow is large enough like some of arrons it will increase plenum volume technically, which was one of the things I was trying to do with this. I guess it's all how you look at it and if i actually end up going fast anyway. Is a 417 motorsports i.c. allowed because that also alters the high ram?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
the intercooler is what it says......it also does not redirect airflow either. volume does matter but distribution is more important imo. the elbows DO NOT REDIRECT the air. your top can aid in airflow distribution which is the key no-no imo

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt its legal with a sheet metal top.
I believe it has to be the way it comes "as cast" from Holley.
the intercooler is what it says......it also does not redirect airflow either. volume does matter but distribution is more important imo. the elbows DO NOT REDIRECT the air. your top can aid in airflow distribution which is the key no-no imo
So just in the name of discussion, the rules just state holley hi ram allowed. What if I ran https://www.holley.com/products/intakes/hi-ram_manifolds/parts/300-118
and put a elbow on it with a throttle body? In my eyes the only difference between my top and this top would be mine is slightly lighter and shiny......

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
again thats an as cast top that is avail to the public. also your still limited on directing airflow on that setup as to what the as cast top allows and to say it AGAIN doing a sheet metal top allows you to design it to redirect air where you want it

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
again thats an as cast top that is avail to the public. also your still limited on directing airflow on that setup as to what the as cast top allows and to say it AGAIN doing a sheet metal top allows you to design it to redirect air where you want it
Also the OP lid will give a lot more volume (CFM) wait for the valves to open..

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Are you asking if this is legal in ultra street ? If so remember air to air intercooler only also. Looks like piping is going inside car that's why I'm asking.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where do the rules state you must use a stock as cast hi ram with no modifications? And where do the rules say air to air only?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Where do the rules state you must use a stock as cast hi ram with no modifications? And where do the rules say air to air only?
Ultra street rules a to a intercooler only.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
uhh were in the hell you see that? a/w has always been in u/s

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My bad I thought it was. I checked cecil rules and ultra rules and no mention. Sorry for incorrect info.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Rules are clear where sheetmatal/billet is allowed as well when they say CAST Holley.

INDUCTION:
Small blocks, Mopar -BOP, and BB N/A combinations may use a "Commercially available/mass produced 4150 or 4500 series cast intake only" No 8500 series throttle bodies or stretched dominators - The CAST Holley LS EFI ram intake is permitted on boosted combos. SMALL BLOCK N/A may use cast tunnel ram/SHEETMETAL/dual carbs w/weight penalty (See*below) MOD MOTOR permitted aftermarket ram or BILLET intake.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts