Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Pretty reasonable price for the top n bottom. Glad to see Holley giving the 351W some tunnel ram availability.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Notice the shape of the runner openings?

If that is a Chinese or offshore casting. We are pretty much done casting intake manifolds in this country!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Notice the shape of the runner openings?

If that is a Chinese or offshore casting. We are pretty much done casting intake manifolds in this country!
Ray, I've said that numerous times. People get so down on the China stuff as always being cheap and crappy. But that's because those ordering are spec'ing it usually by price.

I do not know if it's an American thing or not. But I have seen first hand in manufacturing that the China stuff CAN be just as nice as anyone else, it just cost a bit more.

I was involved with R&D, design and manufacturing of a re curve crossbow. When it came time to look for scopes, the company looked all over. North America, Swiss, German and China. Well they spec'ed a China red dot that was as good (clear and magnification) as anything on the market. But it wasn't the $19.99 unit's. These cost the company just over $40.00 CND landed in Ontario Canada. So they could have got the $19.99 one's and people would just say there cheap China crap, but they actually doubled the cost and got a nice good working product for under 20% of the competitions North American ones.

This is where I see the the world needing to worry. China is usually the "cheap" place. But once they transition to hi-tech, WERE SCREWED!!!!!:(

·
Long Live The King
102,971 Posts
That thing has some potential.

·
Señor Member
31,662 Posts
That thing has potential.

·
Señor Member
31,662 Posts
Oh gosh darn...I've been treed.

·
Long Live The King
102,971 Posts
Pretty reasonable price for the top n bottom. Glad to see Holley giving the 351W some tunnel ram availability.
10 years ago at SEMA I asked the TFS reps why they didn't make a Windsor TR.

response " no market for it"

I told them " the stroker Windsor market is probably 10x that of the 500" + A460 TR you guys make"

Glad to see someone do this finally

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Not sure where it's made. No USA on it???
That would lead me to think "offshore"? China where Holley has there fabricated "SNIPER" intakes made. I was looking at a Sniper single TR/hi-rise (#835011) and was told by a respected member here to look elsewhere. :cool:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I assume this is the same lower as the EFI version without the machining for the injectors. Nice option to have for us Ford guys.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If it was a US cast manifold I am pretty sure the US manifold makers would have their logo in the casting. This thing is nice and it's wrapped in plane brown paper for a reason. So it can be sold to various parts peddlers all over the planet.

As for Chinese stuff. A friend of mine who has a son in the Marines told me that the special rifle scope mandated for their AR-15 issued rifles is marked "made in China"!

Not sure of how true this is, but if it is it is a very telling story!

As many may know the Chinese just landed a rover on the back side of the moon!

America, look in the rear view mirror, that car coming up fast behind you has Chinese plates on it!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
correction for my earlier post the rifle the Marines use is an M27 not an AR15. Shows you what I know about military rifles, not damn much!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Get over it lots of guys are running the Ls 102mm Holley low pro sniper Chinese intake 8k+ rpm :eek:, and the intake listed is just a Ls7 hi ram for a ford...

Chad what are you thoughts on the potential & RPM range for this given style intake with dual tops, as it's the same basic intake as the Ls hi ram? Small differences of runner length 6in. vs 6.31in. & runner csa -taper at the entry to the port flange. Thought dual 4500 TB's could be better as I'm only moving air, a extra TB can't hurt with efi.

Any thought would be greatly respected...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts