Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this correct what the ign should be doing. Seems like it should be pretty steady, but this shows all over the place to me..Running holley to control timing, msd digital 7 programmable for spark, box is zeroed out.

I would think the ignition timing should be steady. It is set at fixed 25 degrees to 600 to 3500 to see if it would stay steady, no change. Normally have it set at 20 from 600 to 2000, then 25 stepped up to 36 at 3500. Then 36 rest of rpm range. Or does this show a problem with the holley hall effect sensor trigged from the crank trigger.

http://s426.photobucket.com/user/altereddoug/media/idleigntiming8-23-14.png.html?sort=3&o=0

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,912 Posts
Yes, Idle Spark Control looks enabled, since this is all occurring at 1200rpm. Disable that, OR, simply use the Drop Down Menu and select the check static timing box, pick a #, maybe 30*, set it, and then check it. Should stay at 30* no matter what RPM you rev it to. If it moves, the Inductive Delay value needs to be changed. Clear that value when you are done and timing will revert back to normal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is spark enabled. That is what it does, turned it off and verified timing
is dead on. Thanks for the help. I will try and play with p and d to see if I can get it better. Thnaks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
had some spare time and adjusted P and D. ended up with 5 and 27
Just FYI, you can rescale for better resolution by left clicking on the scale that you want to adjust, uncheck Autoscale if checked. If not then just set the min and max to what you want to see. I would do like a 0-2000 scale on the RPM and same for the Target RPM so that the line runs right thru the middle. Watching the timing oscillation is only useful to see that the Idle Spark is enabled. How fast and how much the timing moves is not important as long as it's keeping the actual RPM as close to the Target as possible.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts