Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a customer who wants to put a holley on his mustang..
car has the non TFI distributor...6 wire plug I believe, no TFI Module

he has an MSD box firing the coil....
what do we need to make the holley work with this setup.

I know what to do with a TFI distributor... I just dont know what to do with the stock distributor that has no module on it.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
So thats a TFI with a remote module. The best thing would be to put a MSD or Fast type distributor in the car.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So thats a TFI with a remote module. The best thing would be to put a MSD or Fast type distributor in the car.

thats what I thought....

we'll try to convince the guy so we dont have to do a bunch of wire extending to make it work.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Have a customer who wants to put a Holley on his Mustang. Car has the non TFI distributor...6 wire plug I believe, no TFI Module.
Since there's a Hall-Effect pickup sensor inside, it can be converted to a cam sync, and wired directly to the Holley EFI ECU. But you'll have to add a crank trigger kit.

He has an MSD box firing the coil...
what do we need to make the Holley work with this setup.
Since he already has a CD ignition box to fire the coil, he just needs crank & cam sensors (signals).
http://forums.holley.com/showthread.php?13797-Bogging-Cutting-Out-Problem&p=50622#post50622 (Eliminating TFI Module - Post #40)
http://forums.holley.com/showthread.php?13797-Bogging-Cutting-Out-Problem&p=51159#post51159 (Eliminating TFI Module - Post #53)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You CAN use the dist in it if you don't need a cam sync and fully sequential.
Yes, if you're referring to using it without the TFI module. However, modification is still necessary because one of the shutter windows is a different width than the others (for #1 cylinder identification).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts