Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost ready to pull the plug on and EFI system and I'm hoping someone can lay this out for me....

Twin turbo radial car (BBC) looking to do some local ss radial stuff.

1. With the Holley Dom system, will you still need the MSD digital 7531?

2. With the Holley, I understand there's really not a need for an aftermarket data logger...Just need the typical turbo car looging capabilities.....

3. I know there are more people out there with the BS3 but I'm looking for the best bang for my buck...

4. Is the DIS for the Holley feasible for a BB twin turbo application or should I stick with the trusty MSD front mount distributer I already have?

I know I should consult with my tuner about this, but I don't have a tuner set in stone yet.... and I'd like to at least have some knowledge of the systems prior to talking with them.

Thanks for any input...

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
I tried the Dominator, had issues and returned it for a BS3. No issues with it the BS3 at all. Buy from Joe (procrew). He will give you an honest evaluation of both systems, and his support/service is second to none.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response,

Care to elaborate on the issues you had with the Holley?
You can pm me if you'd like.

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Happy with my Holley.

Had some issues at first it was a bad cam sensor. Robin, Rick and Doug were great.

Closed loop is bad ass. Car has made 3 passes on not missed a beat. The street manners are great. only changes I have made are comanded afr and timing. Put about 12 miles on it before the first pass no dyno and about 40 miles since then.

Easy to use and understand software.

Tech help has been avalible when ever I needed it.

Tim

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you aren't going to tune it, use what you tuner will recommend. Price should be one of the last considerations.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I tried the Dominator, had issues and returned it for a BS3. No issues with it the BS3 at all. Buy from Joe (procrew). He will give you an honest evaluation of both systems, and his support/service is second to none.

what he said^^^^

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the responses.

Unfortunately, price is a concern of mine. I'd hate to buy a system only to find out there was something available capable of doing what I'm trying to do, cheaper.

That's all......Thanks again for the input guys.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Thanks guys for all the responses.

Unfortunately, price is a concern of mine. I'd hate to buy a system only to find out there was something available capable of doing what I'm trying to do, cheaper.

That's all......Thanks again for the input guys.
Give me a shout tomorrow and we can discuss a system that will fit your needs and budget.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do...

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Looking at you sig...you don't mention Holley. Are you a distributor for them as well?
Yes I am. I really need to update my sig...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The Holley is pretty much plug n play (EFI for dummy's) . The control is pretty basic, if you are running a LS based engine. Then this is probably the system for you, for the money. The Holley is pretty much geared right at the LS group. Yes, it can be used on any engine, just take a little more work. Any of the new systems will work and probably do what you want to do. It just depends on your taste, and what other people around you use. Reason I say that is, if you need help. AUTO learn is not exactly what you think it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts