Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to Efi and building a 1500hp sbf. It's a single turbo 390ci blue thunder headed engine running a 3 speed auto on e85. I want to control it with Holley Efi but I don't know what inputs and outputs I'd be running which governs which ecu to purchase. Any help... Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would think that most of the Dominator's features wouldn't be used on your car. The drive by wire, automatic tranny controls, a/c controls, etc. would be wasted, as would be your money for buying it. But you haven't really said what you're doing, either....

I use a big stuff 3 and it's super friendly to use and tune. Are you tuning it or hiring it done? Might want to ask your local tuner what he likes if that's the plan.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've inly looked into the bs3 a little bit. This is going in a strip car initially the in a 68 stang with a/c. I was thinking the hp would be enough for my setup. What outputs are usually run?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Go with the Dominator. I have the HP and ran out of outputs, so I just ordered a Dominator. I have the water pump, extra fuel pump, shift light, and fan using the outputs now. I added boost control solenoids and water method nozzles and need five more, and an injector driver to run it all. My inputs are for the two step, boost control enable, and dome pressure so far.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I have the hp and it's plenty for my setup, I'm using the i/o's for boost control, two step, and fan. I still have two inputs and an output leftover.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'll put in a good word for Derek at Modern Speed. I got my HP from him and just got a base tune yesterday to go for start up (soon).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bringing this back up ..
If you run out of inputs could you just put them on a switch panel
No you cannot. Each input/output is configured for its specific use.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'll sell you won. Holley has a promotion coming up 20% off retail. Great deal.

Have 10 cars running them from 3500hp to 400hp. Will give you tune for free and if i'm in neiborhood will go to track with ya.

Ed

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,862 Posts
Yes you can some people run out of inputs because the have fuel pump,fans,wp and so on all hooked up to it when a simple small switch panel could be used..instead of keying on in your pits and having everything running you can just turn fan and wp on..i have a small arc 4000 panel for wp,fan and pump.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
I have the hp, it's perfect for my setup.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts