Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from the data log, do you have to go cell by cell with the AFR error or is there a more efficient way to do this? I'm used to HP Tuners and setting up a histogram, copying the entire table error percentage and pasting it to the fuel map.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Use the learn feature and transfer the learn table to the base table, do not allow map smoothing. Do not allow learn at low rpms. Then do the smoothing on the 3D map yourself.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I usually prefer to get as much learn data captured before, performing a transfer. It's already part of the gross fuel table. I'll run one or two iterations and manually clean up the fuel map (peaks/valleys). As indicated above, your cam may or may not like low speed learn or closed loop for that matter, you'll need to verify if the data is valid. There are some cool features of the datalogger using the scatter plot that show how well areas of your run are mapped.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Say hypothetically that I may have clicked yes. Hypothetically of course, what's the problem?
I've used the smoothing function many times, it works well when you have a lot of learn correction. When you have small amounts of correction, it can get washed out, same with improperly setup axis and learning interpolation. Leave the learn data alone for a bit, until you have found target AFR's that the engine likes at various levels of load and RPM. Once you have those dialed in, you can begin to shape your fuel curve. Realistically, you can transfer learning to base only twice, once for the rough curve, perform some manual smoothing and cleanup and run that file for a bit to see if there's any final cleanup that needs to be done. When all finished, go in shut off the learning and tighten up the closed loop correction limits.

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
I thought I remember reading something about smoothing to not decrease fuel in a section-does
anyone know about that, or did I just read something wrong.
If your AFR's were spread apart wouldn't that create spikes?

·
Registered
25,873 Posts
It smooths the entire table all the way into the idle area . So the area that you take all the time to tune manually like under 1500rpm gets smoothed and the fuel gets changed where you dont want it changed .

Just click no and smooth manually . Trick is to zoom in on areas and smooth each area separate .

·
Registered
25,873 Posts
But you can highlight a section, and hit smooth, and it will only do the highlighted area.

Im talking about when you click " transfer learning to base " and it ask if holley can smooth the fuel table , if you click yes , it will smooth the entire table .

most people see that and automatically click yes ........ its human nature . lol

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im talking about when you click " transfer learning to base " and it ask if holley can smooth the fuel table , if you click yes , it will smooth the entire table .

most people see that and automatically click yes ........ its human nature . lol
Yep, I clicked yes and thought, "what the fuck did I just do?" It seems like it's saying, click yes if you want something that sounds great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.