Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I have started using Holley's efi, I have always used a 2 step on the transbrake cars I've help and on my own personal race car.

I know the answer to this is going to be "every combo is different, you need to try for yourself". But someone with experience might be able to offer a little insight.

What if we just turned the limiter off and transbraked to max stall speed? In my case, with full timing in it, I would think my converter might grab the motor at 6500 rpm (fall back rpm after shift). When I use the retard function, the converter will only flash to 5500 at transbrake release (down on power with timing out of it).

I know some combos like have a "run at the converter", but what about a forced induction type set up that makes a lot of power. Leaving at max stall I'm sure could still net good 60 foots.

Anyway, I'm just thinking that could resolve the issue of fluctuating rpm launch, allowing at least for the time being, consistent data to get the chassis dialed in.

Anyone have anything to add?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm not thinking that the transmission will like that too much, especially if you get caught in a staging duel.
Better have a backup trans... Lol
Interesting idea though.
I'm curious to see when holley corrects this as my car does the same, 300-400rpm swing on the limiter.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
mine is a fairly narrow window on the swing. 40-50 max. havent had any issues

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
I'f you're blown and can sit on the converter rather than the chip, your converter is too tight or your blower is broken. Every blown combo I've seen will blow right through the converter on the brake.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I'f you're blown and can sit on the converter rather than the chip, your converter is too tight or your blower is broken. Every blown combo I've seen will blow right through the converter on the brake.
Turbo cars are the same...

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why I said "it might catch the motor at 6500 rpm". I've checked converter stall with the belt off of it, just to have some quick data points to compare converters. I'm on my 4th and the new one will grab the motor at 3000 without a belt on it. I've tried using the brake with the blower belt on and no 2 step in the garage just to see what it would do. I lifted as the tack blew past 6000 rpm. I remember thinking at the time, it went to 6000 so quickly, I figured it would never stop, so I just tossed that idea out the window, until now just thinking about it. But you're probably right.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
rev limit #1

spark only
3800 on
3799 off

thats it

·
Registered
653 Posts

·