Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.holley.com/12-1800.asp

Anyone using one of these or have any feed back .
I like the idea of staging the one pump to keep from moving un-needed fuel around.

Will be for a street strip twin turbo setup .... Looking for around 1k to the tire.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Bringing this one back around, anyone running one of these yet?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes, I have one. I like it so far. I asked the same question a couple months ago (July) and couldn't get any feedback. The pump is extremely quiet, damn near silent. I run half the pump and have the other side as an onboard spare. I drive my car a lot and so far no complaints, it is a nice pump.I would buy it again.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Glad to hear it. I wonder if anyone is leaning on one pretty hard and staging the second one to trigger under boost?

·
Registered
119 Posts
We just ran one on Dragweek. First side only lasted two days. Luckily I was just cruising down the return road when it died. The other half of the pump finished the week. Holley said to send just send it back that it was still under warranty.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ran one for 400 miles and 4 passes on Drag Week this year, went 7.32 @ 195 Nitrous car.

Very happy with this pump and it's price.

·
FUCK TONS OF FUN
17,113 Posts
Pretty sure they are. We are using one on a aspirated E85 LSX

I like the idea of being able to turn the second pump on if we do add some juice later on

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I have one on the shelf I am going to put on my car someday.

I know that holley has been running them on power tour on their cars for the last 2 years at least.

Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got our new pump from holley yesterday. They took the old one back no questions asked. Its nice to see some companys still stand behind there products.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
So far I've heard good things from a couple Nitrous cars, and Royce's sick Skylark is a Roots-blown SBC. Anybody have/hear any feedback from a big-power (800+rwhp) Blow-thru application? Turbo or Centrifugal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, I have one. I like it so far. I asked the same question a couple months ago (July) and couldn't get any feedback. The pump is extremely quiet, damn near silent. I run half the pump and have the other side as an onboard spare. I drive my car a lot and so far no complaints, it is a nice pump.I would buy it again.
How did you set it up to run both pump when under boost? Do u needed to run a pump control with it? I'm running an Aeromotive A1000 on my street car now but I think the pump is going bad on me. I'm thinking about getting the holley standard dominator online(HLY-12-1400)

·
Registered
989 Posts
How did you set it up to run both pump when under boost? Do u needed to run a pump control with it? I'm running an Aeromotive A1000 on my street car now but I think the pump is going bad on me. I'm thinking about getting the holley standard dominator online(HLY-12-1400)
I run mine with a Weldon pump controller, but all you would need is 2 relays, one to run one side of the pump under no boost conditions and one switched by a MAP sensor, adjust the MAP sensor to toggle at whatever PSI you want and have that switch the relay. That's how my water injection works.

You could also use a throttle switch if you don't have or want a MAP sensor. Use the throttle switch to control the second side of the pump through a relay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts