Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anybody had pressure creep with the cheap little chrome body holley fuel reg? Its a dead head on a fuel log next to my magnafuel which is rock solid. it had 6an going to plate system and the other side is my racepak sensor. Car will idle for 2 minutes an pressure starts at 6 and ends up at 15psi!!!

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
We all gave up on those cheap pos regs 18yrs ago along with the cheap to high dollar 1” FP guages. Both were extremely consistent being inconsistent. I changed to Aeromotive regs and Autometer 2” guages, all of a sudden the fuel system that was showing all kinda of weirdness, was rock solid. Even on the reg i deadheaded for the nitrous.

Upgrade and move on, dont make this buying decision mistake in the future, you’ll be money ahead and less stressed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We all gave up on those cheap pos regs 18yrs ago along with the cheap to high dollar 1” FP guages. Both were extremely consistent being inconsistent. I changed to Aeromotive regs and Autometer 2” guages, all of a sudden the fuel system that was showing all kinda of weirdness, was rock solid. Even on the reg i deadheaded for the nitrous.

Upgrade and move on, dont make this buying decision mistake in the future, you’ll be money ahead and less stressed
I gotcha on cheap reg I only used it because SO many people still are. Not sure Id consider racepak a cheap Gauge though lol Unless you have wayyyy more money then me and consider it cheap

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I wouldn't use any other regulator, creep won't hurt a thing. Not a high dollar regulator or guage out there that will fix creep. A return will but I don't think it is necessary.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
The 12-803 regs are still the best nitrous reg you can use and are still on most of the fastest nitrous cars around. Yes, they creep. But if fuel systems correct and tune is too as soon as you open solenoids the pressure is absorbed into the lines and it drops right to set flowing pressure. We have data logged this thousands of times. We do not use a bypass either. In many cases they cause a lean spike.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Exactly what Steve has said when i used other regulators i always had the lean spike. With the holley regulator it is now gone.

·
Registered
973 Posts
What is the supply line pressure fo regulator inlet that most of you have had stable pressure to solenoids for complete pass?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
What is the supply line pressure fo regulator inlet that most of you have had stable pressure to solenoids for complete pass?
My inlet pressure is at 25 psi to the regulator log.

·
Registered
550 Posts
900 PSI nitrous vs. 6 PSI fuel. Which one is going to hit the runner first? Nitrous, every time. In my opinion the creep don't matter. I used to have return lines everywhere, now not so much.

·
Registered
973 Posts
They open up the area that you see when you remove diaphragm on the sides. Not sure if this does anything as to volume of flow? Or may be worse lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
On your data logs down track hace you seen any that drop off a couple pounds in pressure about 1/2 way into the run? I'm not using bleeds, have tried anywhere from 23 to 30 psi supply line preasure. Seems most of the time once I get to 6.5 psi flowing pressure or above this happens. If I flow at 5 psi with a 73 jet most of the time its stable the while run. I have put 3 pressure sensors to log data, one at pump outlet , one before rega, and one after rega. Supply line pressure is good withing a couple psi of starting, only one that moves is outlet from regulaator to solenoids. I replaced spring and diaphragm, same thing. I am going to replace regs next, nothing left.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The 12-803 regs are still the best nitrous reg you can use and are still on most of the fastest nitrous cars around. Yes, they creep. But if fuel systems correct and tune is too as soon as you open solenoids the pressure is absorbed into the lines and it drops right to set flowing pressure. We have data logged this thousands of times. We do not use a bypass either. In many cases they cause a lean spike.[/QUOTE

^^^^^^

·
Registered
217 Posts
As said, if you don’t want creep, you will need to run a return line with a small orafice in it, doesn’t matter if it’s a cheap Holley reg or a nice aeromotive it will creep when dead headed, been there done that, only thing that will solve it is a return line.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Creep is not the problem I'm talking about down track drop in pressure. Regulators are also not solid
Mounted to avoid vibrations.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts