Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old pump that has sat in a garage for 10 years or more. I test it, it clicks once and doesn't run. I pull it apart and clean it up, and with the bottom cover off, It runs on the bench no problem. I put the gasket and cover back on it, and it doesn't run. :confused:

Any ideas?

·
T/S 368E
28,301 Posts

It's probably so weak the pressure from the cover is holding it??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, thanks. I'll give it a shot. Now for the replacement. It'll be used in a dedicated fuel system for nitrous. 500hp range. Would anyone like to recommend a replacement?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Aeromotive 150 or Mallory 140 (if you want something rebuildable).

The old Holley pumps (with blue or red motors) were decent. The newer one are a little less so, but probably better than a knockoff.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Push they Holley pump off onto a swap meet scrounger.

I put an Aeromotive 11203 in my Chevelle. Couldn’t be happier. 383 with a tunnel ram and 2x4’s. Fuel pressure is steady as a rock, straight up to 8200.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Push they Holley pump off onto a swap meet scrounger.

I put an Aeromotive 11203 in my Chevelle. Couldn’t be happier. 383 with a tunnel ram and 2x4’s. Fuel pressure is steady as a rock, straight up to 8200.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Checkout summits branded pumps. I replaced my two blue holleys with them.
I have one of those and it has been a good pump. I put it in when one of my blue holleys quit working. I figured if I got a season out of it I would be happy. 3 seasons and still working good. I have a Magnafuel regulator as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts