Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen these threads many times over the years, and they typically don’t include a resolve to the issue lol

Idles for a while, like it warms up and I’m ready to go make a pass, and the pressure drops back over a pound so I adjust it. Then when it cools it’ll be high needing to be reduced. It can get so low that I can tell it affects how the motor is running.

I put a new pump on it, same deal.

• It’s in a dragster so liquid gauge not exposed to under hood temps - it’s plumbed in-line just before carb
  • Has a relay with generous gauge wire
  • Ground appears solid.

Could the liquid gauge still be the culprit even though I don’t have an under hood dilemma like a car has?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Drain the liquid out of the gauge and see. I have seen trouble with the 12-704 Holley regulator but only with a Magnafuel pump. My car has an Aeromotive 2000 pump and it has worked for several years. Magnafuel pump can not be adjusted low enough for the the Holley regulator to handle it. Put a Holley on my friends pulling truck with a Magnafuel and it acted stupid. Changed to the 2 port non bypass Magnafuel regulator and it was fine.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
I might have this one fixed. If something changes I will report back.

Thank you to all that have replied and helped me here.
"I’ve seen these threads many times over the years, and they typically don’t include a resolve to the issue lol"

Meaning? What was the fix?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts