Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Just left Gateway and all I can say is... WOW!!!

The air has been terrible, the temps have been HOT, the water grains are crazy high and these guys are ripping off laps like they are in a mine shaft!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well.....after this BARRAGE of E.T's below 5.60, I say we let Dillard and Taylor battle it out until one of them hits 5.40's.....which should happen tomorrow..... 5.40 doorcars! YES!!!:):)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not bad for three 1/4 mile passes under their belts! Frankie and Paul are bad mofos!

Frankie and Paul aren't necessarily strangers to 1/4 mile racing its just been a while since they have done it. In the late 90's early 2000's they strapped dot's and mufflers on the firebird and smashed the outlaw pro street record. I think it was at the shreveport nsca race. St.louis was the next race I believe, I remember the regulars not being very happy when he showed up. Unfortunatly he ended up "going turtle" at the race but he and the car were ok. We also ran with them at a few KCIR 1/4 mile doorslammer races. They had success in nhra pro mod and a few ihra races as well. With a low budget, older car and lots of hard work they have managed to have the quickest 1/4 mile doorslammer ever without even making it to the 1320 under power! Bottom line is they are BAD A$$!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Frankie and Paul aren't necessarily strangers to 1/4 mile racing its just been a while since they have done it. In the late 90's early 2000's they strapped dot's and mufflers on the firebird and smashed the outlaw pro street record. I think it was at the shreveport nsca race. St.louis was the next race I believe, I remember the regulars not being very happy when he showed up. Unfortunatly he ended up "going turtle" at the race but he and the car were ok. We also ran with them at a few KCIR 1/4 mile doorslammer races. They had success in nhra pro mod and a few ihra races as well. With a low budget, older car and lots of hard work they have managed to have the quickest 1/4 mile doorslammer ever without even making it to the 1320 under power! Bottom line is they are BAD A$$!
Yes, I know they aren't strangers to 1/4 mile racing. What I meant was three 1/4 mile passes with that car and combination. Certainly with more laps and data, they will go quicker as evidence by their passes thus far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I know they aren't strangers to 1/4 mile racing. What I meant was three 1/4 mile passes with that car and combination. Certainly with more laps and data, they will go quicker as evidence by their passes thus far.
I wasnt trying single you out as if you didn't know, I apologize if it came across that way. I used your post in reference to the many posts/articles going around this weekend stating these were his first 1/4 mile runs "ever". I completely agree with the laps and data, if the evening weather gets even just a little better a mid to bottom .40 should be easily achievable.

·
Registered
38,897 Posts
Well, these cars have finally equaled the performance of the best TA/FC cars out there. Never thought I'd see the day, but it's here.

I'm looking at that .925 60' time (on the 5.52 pass) and thinking back a couple of months ago to Texas racer Randall Reid's .855 60' (and 3.53 660') timeslip, and most people said the .855 was not possible, including me. I don't know that a nitro FC has ever laid down such a quick 60-foot time. Run out the back door on a 1/4 mile track, that puts Reid's car deep in the 5.40s on that pass, based on the front-half splits.

Would it have been?

·
The Dude Abides
18,430 Posts
Congrats to those guys, can't wait to see what's in store.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts