Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any good hog roast recipes? rubs, injection? and I know lots of beer to cook!!not for the hog but the cook!!

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
a whole hog, or just a pork butt or something?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I did a whole hog for the first time last fall. I used cuban mojo and it turned out pretty good. It took about 10hrs. Next time I will try a different method though. Less heat and more time too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
go to the store and buy some adobo from the goya isle and a can of sofrito and a bottle of mojo mix the mojo with the sofrito in a bowl and inject it all in and out that mofo and take the adobo and srinkle it all over and i guarantee you will have everybody askin you the recipe for kookin i rap it for about 5 hours and unrap it for another 5 til the skin is toasted if you dont have the time you can bring it to a pizza place that will do it for you //ps..send me a plate //lol//dont forget a case of bud lite lime in the tin bottles they stay cold for the longest time

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I learned this methos in the philippines
1. Clean and prepare the pig by removing innards, washing and scraping innards, washing and scraping the body of bristles. Rinse and allow to drain a bit before stuffing.
2. Rub with salt and pepper inside and out.
3. Rub soy sauce on the skin of the pig. This will make it nicely red when roasted.
4. Stuff the belly of the lechon with lemon grass along with saba and gabi (bannanas or plantains). Sew to close.
5. Skewer the pig and split roast over live charcoal or traditionally, in some parts of Cebu, under live fire. Roast until crisp (deep brown color of the skin).
6. Lechon is not served with a sauce. But if a dipping sauce is requested, vinegar with scallions and pepper may be served along with it.
it was the best pigroast Ive ever eaten.
even the pigroast in puerto rico cant compare!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My buddy and I take 48 cinder blocks, make a rectangle about 4 tiers high. Hose clamped some welded wire mesh ( 2 pieces) the size of the rectangle to a post on each side. Split the spine of the hog and lay him open and sandwich in between wire mesh and hose clamp posts and wire mesh together with hog inside. 1 small pile of charcoal at each corner of "oven", place hog on top (supported by tubing and mesh assembly). Cooked about 3 hours with foil over the top (use rocks to hold down foil) then flip for another 3. Other than the moving concrete block part, this is the fastest easiest way to do it, and you get great color and crispiness to the skin on both sides. Usually inject with mojo and dry rub overnight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just did 87# hog yesterday for 150 people. It took 12 hours in inclosed roaster, Dry rub with season salts, pepper, salt, garlic powder. Plugged the hog with garlic cloves. As the hog was cooking we sprayed it with olive oil and soy sauce every hour for the first 5 hours. The stomach was filled with 5 pounds of mild Itallian sausage. Holy shit did that MOFO turn out great. We could not keep the trays full, as we were carving it the people were fighting over the meat. I set a plate aside for me and the other cook that had some of the tenderloin and hind quarter. Also one of the most tender parts is the cheek meat. I had other people at the party trying to hire us to do their hogs for parties. We got the hog already tied on the spit and stuffed with the roaster from Hobart meat Locker in Merrillville, indiana for $275. they are very professional and are open at 5am if you need to start early.
:Kneel

·
Thread killa
7,912 Posts
Just did 87# hog yesterday for 150 people. It took 12 hours in inclosed roaster, Dry rub with season salts, pepper, salt, garlic powder. Plugged the hog with garlic cloves. As the hog was cooking we sprayed it with olive oil and soy sauce every hour for the first 5 hours. The stomach was filled with 5 pounds of mild Itallian sausage. Holy shit did that MOFO turn out great. We could not keep the trays full, as we were carving it the people were fighting over the meat. I set a plate aside for me and the other cook that had some of the tenderloin and hind quarter. Also one of the most tender parts is the cheek meat. I had other people at the party trying to hire us to do their hogs for parties. We got the hog already tied on the spit and stuffed with the roaster from Hobart meat Locker in Merrillville, indiana for $275. they are very professional and are open at 5am if you need to start early.
:Kneel
Nice, ditto on the cheek meat, did that last weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts