Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw steve tell someone in another thread to do away with a hobbs switch,should they not be used?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Lots of people have taken them off.It usually when you are having a problem like surging or on/off of the system and it's part of the troubleshooting to remove it and then it never gets put back in.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you want to burn one down don't run one !! Prime example a buddy of mine forgot to turn the fuel pump on engine quit about 300 ft. out imagine what it would've done if it had'nt kicked the nitrous off. Another time same guy changed jets in carb poured fuel from the bowl's back into the fuel cell one of the nylon screw gaskets was in the cup and locked the fuel pump up. Both times the hobb switch saved the motor. I used to think a hobb switch would cost you a race at the wrong time, but now I'm a firm believer in them !

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
if you use a 2nd fuel pump for the no2 use it for the power supply for your full throttle swt. arc nitrous swt panel handles this for you. if running a single pump use your regular fuel pump swt as the power supply for your purge solenoid only. if you purge and see no juju you know youve screwed up somewhere. hobbs swt's are a neat idea but dont work well in no2 applications. if they worked we'd all run'em.... right.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you use a 2nd fuel pump for the no2 use it for the power supply for your full throttle swt. arc nitrous swt panel handles this for you. if running a single pump use your regular fuel pump swt as the power supply for your purge solenoid only. if you purge and see no juju you know youve screwed up somewhere. hobbs swt's are a neat idea but dont work well in no2 applications. if they worked we'd all run'em.... right.
Now that you mention it I never see them on race cars.

·
Registered
823 Posts
More hassle than there worth...however, if you feel you must run one, install it at the fuel pump not the regulators. The fuel pump should see less deviation in pressure as the systems turn on as they usually run at least 20 psi (in general).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have one set low so if the pump fails it will kill the nitrous soleniod. I did have problems with one before and unhooked it but my pump wasnt putting out enough psi (Holley red pump)

·
Small tire Pimp
4,302 Posts
I have a gauge on the hood

If I have pressure when I stage. I only run one pump. no need to have one of those on off switches I mean hobbs switches

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
If you are gonna run one on the kit? are you gonna run another on the oil pressure? how bout the trans? Vacuum pump?

Hobbs switches are like drugs,

Just say no!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What if you run a 9-10lb tune and have the switch set low. Would it still be a good saftey swicth to have it on there?
That is what I have is a nx kit and the switch was set at 5 pounds.I never had a problem with it but when saw steve tell someone to trash it,I figured I would ask.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hobbs switch intalation guide:

open package
hold firmly in hand
throw it as far as you can.....
then find it and pick it up and throw it again... don't look where it goes either...
all will be well:smt118

1 - 20 of 26 Posts