Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a used HK USP compact for a carry gun. it is the stainless model and has some scuffing on the slide. looks like only cosmetic from the pictures.
the guy wants $500.00 for it with 2 mags.
sounds like a pretty good deal to me. what do you guys think?
anything i should look for when examining it today?
if i buy it and don't like it for some reason i don't want to get hurt too much if i have to trade it or sell it.

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
Gary...serious?

9mm glock versus an H&K 40 USPc???

H&K all the way.

I would do it for $500, not even think twice.

·
Cactus salesman
4,056 Posts
How used is it? Does it look like it was taken care of and cleaned often? As far as the gun I love mine. I have never had a malfunction, not once. $500 seems like a good price to, as new they go for over $800 online and at gun shops I have seen them higher.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for $50 more you could buy a 9mm glock brand new.
my range gun is a FNH FNX-40. the HK is very similar to that gun, that is why i am looking at those.
thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had to pass on it.
the usp compact is almost exactly the same size as the fnx 40 that i already have. looking for something smaller for summer carry.
the gun show is in town sat. and sunday. good chance i will find something there. looking towards a kahr cw40 or a walther pps.
any other suggestions?
might even look at a glock 27.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have a chance to buy a used HK USP compact for a carry gun. it is the stainless model and has some scuffing on the slide. looks like only cosmetic from the pictures.
the guy wants $500.00 for it with 2 mags.
sounds like a pretty good deal to me. what do you guys think?
anything i should look for when examining it today?
if i buy it and don't like it for some reason i don't want to get hurt too much if i have to trade it or sell it.
Do it, I carry a USP 40 full size and it's a great gun, stays on target for multiple shots. If the scratches are on the slide you can polish them out on stainless since there no finish over it and the color will remain. Howard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts