Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a Hitachi flatscreen,when he uses any of the hdmi it won't let him change the ratios. It stays loomed in. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell him to read the manual.
Smart ass,no matter what you do it ain't let you zoom out,didn't know if anyone here worked on tvs,thought maybe a board went bad? He's tried different hdmi cords and everything.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
go buy you a remote read online how to work it carry it with you concealed send him after a beer adjust sat back and enjoy

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think you guys are getting it,was originally his step dads tv,best buy claimed it was the hdmi cords fault,hdmi cord company said tv was junk,best buy finally replaced tv with new one so his step dad gave him this one. He just didn't know if there was a board he could replace or what,its not just an adjustment with the remote. Been there done that.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Don't think you guys are getting it,was originally his step dads tv,best buy claimed it was the hdmi cords fault,hdmi cord company said tv was junk,best buy finally replaced tv with new one so his step dad gave him this one. He just didn't know if there was a board he could replace or what,its not just an adjustment with the remote. Been there done that.
What model # is the TV and how old the is the unit.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What model # is the TV and how old the is the unit.
tv is only a couple years old,ill get a model number for you.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Most people don't understand the 1280 x 1080, but that just means it only has to scale one direction for 1080 and 720 video Less work. The unit will not scale 720p or 1080p only interlace 1080i 720i take the DVD player out of progressive mode. The unit is made for professional display only, use 1.3 HDMI cable or go Component Video.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most people don't understand the 1280 x 1080, but that just means it only has to scale one direction for 1080 and 720 video Less work. The unit will not scale 720p or 1080p only interlace 1080i 720i take the DVD player out of progressive mode. The unit is made for professional display only, use 1.3 HDMI cable or go Component Video.
Ok,kind of get what ur saying,so what exactly will the 1.3 hdmi cable do? Scale it down to 1080i or 720i?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok,ill see if that works,you seem pretty confident about this,haha. Thanks bud

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool,if I have any more questions ill PM you. thanks again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts