Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
Nazi bastards. I guess that whole inert gas thing wasn't well understood or sumsin.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I attended Aircrew Survival Equipmentman (parachute rigger) school at NAS Lakehurst and did PT in the field where the Hindenburg crashed. I have some pieces of metal somewhere that are from it.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Word is that the Saints were responsible. That's what roger goodell told me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nazi bastards. I guess that whole inert gas thing wasn't well understood or sumsin.
Actually it was. The reason they didnt use helium was because we had a trade embargo against them at the time. Without an adequate supply like we had here in the states, it was almost impossible for them to float such a beast without using hydrogen.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
cant believe they let them drape that flag here in the states, even given the circumstances.

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
The Final Toll
Hindenburg left Frankfurt with 97 souls onboard; 62 survived the crash at Lakehurst, although many suffered serious injuries. Thirteen of the 36 passengers, and twenty-two of the 61 crew, died as a result of the crash, along with one member of the civilian landing party (Allen Hagaman).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Anyone from New Jersey knows that the Hindenburg didnt blow up in Lakehurst.
Cookstown???

My grandfather was there. Never really talked about it. Then again I never really asked.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts