Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious which compressor is the highest flowing out there? These are the ones I have in mind:

Borg Warner S500SX 88
Forced Inductions ET-R 88
Precision Pro Mod 88

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Curious which compressor is the highest flowing out there? These are the ones I have in mind:

Borg Warner S500SX 88
Forced Inductions ET-R 88
Precision Pro Mod 88
Due to the difference in design they all have there place in the market but id have to go with the PTE Pro Mod with the S500 as a close second. Not taking away from the S500 but ive had a lot of first hand experence with the Pro Mod's and there hard to beat.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Due to the difference in design they all have there place in the market but id have to go with the PTE Pro Mod with the S500 as a close second. Not taking away from the S500 but ive had a lot of first hand experence with the Pro Mod's and there hard to beat.
how big in cubes should a small block be to spool and effectively use promod 88`s?

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
The Pro mod turbos were intended to run as twins in large cube engines. They range from 88 to 108 in size. I've seen single PM 88's work good on engines like the modulars or on the small cube side.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The precision piece will eat the BW alive, or anything else for that matter. Not even comparable.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Exile all the way call Rick up

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Opinions are nice, but I was looking for more facts/details....

What is the choke flow for a 88mm inducer? Must be in the ~150-160 lb/min range.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I already gave you the facts. I've dynoed the relevant turbos. The precision billet wheel 88 is considerably more powerful than all the others. Not even close.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Precisions X275 turbo

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are there any more details on the Precision X275? Does it have a larger exducer diameter than the standard Pro Mod 88?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts