Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth et / mph to retard the timing at hi rpm (4k+) in hi gear? I run a grid and the car is N/A.
TIA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to try it myself this year. Learning the car last year was launching at 23 degrees and ramping 3 degrees back in at 2.5 seconds for 26 degrees down track ran 191-192 mph. After I got comfortable in the car turned timing up to 30 degrees, it helped early in the run a lot but mph slowed to 188-189 mph Mph was also down in the 1/8th mile as well

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
In short: yes

Its not just about adding timing, its when you add the timing. Its all about rpm per sec. The higher it is the more timing you want to add.

But during a shift or when a converter grabs hard you actually want to take away a bit of timing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about retarding the timing 2 or 3 degree's in 3rd gear only. Has anyone done this and did you pick up et or MPH?

·
Registered
518 Posts
The way to do it is to first add 2-3 degrees of timing to the base setting-this usually gives a better ET- and then pull out the excess 2-3 degrees in 3rd gear. MPH doesn't usually slow down this way (n/a combo).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts